1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 DVT De-cat Pipe 2016 Multistrada

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Deepingdj, Apr 25, 2016.

1. I've taken mine out.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. They are definitely designed to be removable. There's a short video on YouTube, if you want to see.
    Still waiting for mine to be shipped. Sounds like you scallywags had the last of the stock, and now waiting for more from the factory.

Is the exhaust too quiet with the baffle in then?

3. No I took mine out and cut it down so still has a great sound but looks as if the db killer is fitted.

• Like Like x 1
  4. No it sounds very good with the baffle in, but you know what it's like, curiosity & all that !!
    They don't carry stock of them anyway, they will need to order from the factory, you will get an email from them telling you it's been dispatched, then a few days wait after that

• Like Like x 1
  5. Really can't wait. It'll be worth all the hassle I've had off the missus about it.
    :)

6. Just about to pack my MIVV system to take to Thailand....
    Not sure whether the can will go on or just the Decat and leave the Termignoni can..

2016-06-17 16.11.17.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  7. Well, rode the bike yesterday for a good few miles with the baffle in, no sign of engine management light coming on, today, just rolled the bike out of the garage, eventually got the swine of a circlip out, removed the baffle, started her up...low & behold the bloody engine management light came on & stayed on like a beacon !!!!
    And to add insult to injury, it's way way too loud ( for me ) with no baffle, it really is rediculously offensively loud, again, in my opinion, lovely with the baffle in I must add!
    Rain stopped play today, but hopefully I'll take it for a spin tomorrow & the light will go out, failing that it looks like I'm going to have to invest in one of those underseat gizmos
    Steve

8. I ride mine with the baffle in and out and never had the light on. I think it's probably where you have the cable tied up. Release the cable and give it another go with the dbk out.

Andy

9. Cheers Andy, but the db killer won't be coming out again in my ownership, it's just too loud
    Strange the light should come on as soon as I take the db killer out, cable is in exactly the same position as yesterday
    I'll try it tomorrow
    Steve

10. We need a video of this to see the difference between baffle in and out. Come on Steve, you know you want to. :)

Still waiting for mine to be shipped. I reckon they're sending by carrier pigeon.

11. Mine should be here tomorrow all going well, as soon as its on I'll be curious to hear so will try and do a before after and no baffle if I get a chance!

• Like Like x 1
  12. Nice one. Enjoy!

13. I bought a Vizi-tec DUC.EE exhaust valve eliminator, which I installed with the Mivv system. It was a total pain in the ass to remove. It literally took me an additional 6 hours to remove the exhaust valve actuator.
    I found there is a swingarm droop sensor (probably for abs/anti stoppie control) also mounted to the exhaust valve bracket, so I couldn't even chuck the entire piece. I had to unbolt the servo actuator and reinstall the bracket and swingarm position sensor.

I have a copy of the shop manual thanks to a kind person that posted it on the internets for all. The manual states to remove the entire exhaust system, which they say requires removing the swingarm and the rear subframe. You don't have to remove the swingarm or rear subframe, but you do need to remove the rear cylinder primary exhaust pipe. To remove that you will need to remove the entire electronics compartment under the rider's seat. You can then get access to the rear exhaust primary pipe. You will need a swivel socket (10mm I believe) to remove the 3 nuts, which are very difficult to access. A wrench (box or open) will not work and a regular 10mm socket + ball joint was still causing clearance issues due to the crazy bends in the exhaust. I was afraid of rounding the nuts off, so off to the store I went for a swivel socket.

There are no warning lights on the dash and I removed all of 1lb from the bike, but it was a miserable job due to "interesting" design choices. Most of the bolts have limited/no clearance due to poor design. Had they just moved them a few mm's, it would have all been a breeze. You very quickly get into it and realize this needs to be remove to gain access to that bolt, then something else is in the way, and it quickly spirals out of control. Before you know it the entire bike is scattered around the garage. It ranks above checking/adjusting valve timing on my R6 race bike with the engine in the bike, on the pain in the ass scale.

Exhaust Valve Overview.PNG

Remove Electronics Compartment.PNG

14. Oh bloody hell !!
    I've just fitted an Arrow decat pipe, after removing the baffle , the bloody light came on, ( it was off before I took the bloody baffle out )
    After refitting the baffle, the light is still on!, this morning I've rerouted the end of the exhaust cable, etc etc, but light is still on
    I've ordered an exhaust valve eliminator from America, after seeing the link above from Dave, do I need to remove the entire lump ? Or can I just plug the thing in ?

15. By the sounds of things I might leave taking the baffle out a few weeks! Off to misano a week today and can't be arsed to stare at an engine management light for 3000 miles, hope it goes off with the plug in jobbie :thumbsup:

16. You should be able to access the connector by removing the seat.

17. The DUC.EE is a piece of piss to fit, Steve. Take off seat, unplug existing plug, plug in new one and voila.
    5 min job.

18. Believe me , I wish I hadn't taken the bloody thing out ! Especially as it sounded shit with it removed ! , I couldn't wait to put it back in
    It was definately removing it that put the light on, I just hope this little gizmo I've ordered puts the light out, or no doubt it will be an hours labour at a Ducati dealers for them to do it via a laptop

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  19. Thanks for the reply ..
    Can I ask why you wanted to take the unit out ?

20. Have you fitted one then ?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information