1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Decent French Hotel Recommendations

Discussion in 'Touring' started by Multirider75, May 18, 2023.

1. This has absolutely no impact on the life in the rest of the country. Paris always gets the trouble. Little to nothing elsewhere. Don’t believe your media. They are just trying to make you believe it’s worse next door. My buddies in the US call me every time thinking we’re on the brink of civil war, wondering if we’re still alive…:astonished::rolleyes::D

Same for the water/draught situation. Only some areas (where farmers pump all the water for the cultures) are impacted by pool refilling restrictions. No pools are empty at all.

#21 Guillaume69, May 19, 2023
    Last edited: May 19, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. or splash about then use the gym. Always a solution :upyeah:o_O

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. It had a huge impact for us a few weeks back in Brittany (Bretagne) …protesters meant we had to use a different route to collect our pizzas. Terrible.
    Otherwise though, we experience nothing out of the normal.
    Even French air traffic control causing issues? Not normally, if the flight starts or finishes in France. Dont s..t on your own doorstep:upyeah:

4. It can cause issues getting in and out of the Country sadly.
    I agree it has little impact in most of the country outside the main cities.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. True, I didn’t look at it this way. Oh well…

6. I admire the French for standing up for what they feel is their right. Their struggle is greater than my inconvenience.

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. Fuken sheep killers….

8. Mmmm...lamb tikka...

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Nah, mint sauce…

10. Anyway I am back in France next week to eat, drink and sleep. Our little house is the best investment we have made so far.

• Like Like x 4
  11. That doesn’t look posh enough. I’ve bookmarked it to take the wife to though!

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
  12. Is that an invite? :D

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. Get your own.:D:D:D

plan is to use it as a base for touring next year onwards.

#33 duke63, May 19, 2023
    Last edited: May 19, 2023
  14. Funnily enough, I was thinking about buying somewhere over there at some point.

• Like Like x 1
  15. You could have bought ours but we accepted an offer on it last Monday.....
    Off down to Spain for our next little adventure :) Just when I'd got the hang of French too.......:weary_face:

• Like Like x 1
  16. Was it in the for sale section? :D

• Funny Funny x 2
  17. Loads on here, many at low prices.

My only advice would be don’t buy anything too big or with loads of land, tempting as it is at the prices, because you will spend all your time or money keeping it clean and tidy. Also don’t go to remote as France is a big country. https://www.francepropertyshop.com/

• Like Like x 1
  18. Any other recommendations?

19. Yes, choose a proper French village. Enjoy the local food, drink and welcome.

• Agree Agree x 3
  20. Yes. Find a nice buxom Bardot lookalike, buy a farm and bobs your uncle.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information