1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Desmosedici Or Superlegerra - Poll

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by duc daz, Jul 1, 2014.

?
  1. Desmosedici

39 vote(s)
    76.5%
  2. Superlegerra

12 vote(s)
    23.5%
  1. A simple LiON battery change is already worth at least 7+lbs alone. Price premium per lb on the SL vs PaniS is comical.

2. And Kope has dome all that and more. Have you seen one close up? Attention to detail is astonishing, such as ti springs to save a little weight, and you can see whats inside

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. Yes, detailing of specific detailed components is first class. But not €35k class over a PaniS.

SL remains a showroom marketers dream. Would I take one if offered? Absolutely. But to choose one over the Desmo given the same funds is a bit silly really. Emperors new clothes and all that.

• Like Like x 1
  4. I'd have a desmo in a heartbeat....'cept for the arse rape service costs, that and it would scare the trousers off me...:Woot:

• Like Like x 1
  5. The thought of a desmo's engine going bang would frighten me to death for sure.

• Like Like x 1
  6. making it easier to arse rape you ;)

7. Its also his electronic gear changing mechanisms etc. Plus its more exclusive. Being 1/1 made and built. Its more personal and as you say, his attention to detail is inspiring. But lets not get carried away lest Kopesy's ego might go pop. But credit where credit is due.

Although greenthingies SL once modded will be something to behold.

I am more than happy to look after anyones Desmo for eternity.

• Like Like x 1
  8. too shy to go pop ... :)

9. From what i hear, the engines are very reliable... the issue seems to be that there is a lot of difference in output varying from 170bhp to 200+ .. getting it from 170 to 200 is really expensive...

i ll put up some pics of mine and a walk around vid a bit later...

• Like Like x 1
  10. I lusted after a Desmo when they came out in 2008, and blew my fortune on one when my boat came in and I could finally afford one in 2012. The Panigale in any form doesn't do it for me I'm afraid. In fact none of the new Ducatis do - nor any other make for that matter. Other than the D16, I've only ever bought one new bike in my life - a 990 Superduke as a 40th birthday present to myself - and I can't see myself buying another new one ever again. Classics for me from now on I think. I must truly be an old fart. :(

• Like Like x 2
  11. Dave , or a just man of taste... .. :)

12. And Carl's SL will be the pani of panis... that is for sure... the only thing to beat it would be a full factory WSBK bike... i bow to him... :)

13. I'm biased with this one (obviously), I had the option of an SL but like others have said technical marvel that it is it's a very expensive Panigale, what it does show is how amazingly good value a Desmo is now and even then back in 2008.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. I've never got the whole Desmo thing. And I've yet to see one used for anything other than posing. However, I've seen more than a few very trick Panis and an SL actually being used properly. If it's because once the motor is goosed on a Desmo there's no spares to repair it, then why own one? I'd have an SL, or Koën's R instead of a Desmo anytime. A bike you can spank, crash, and get parts to repair it without a second mortgage.

15. Oh, and another thing that puts me off was the owner of a Desmo at Horsham a few years back, starting it up next to a family eating lunch at a table and revving the bollocks of it, covering them in fumes and noise. Their daughter was in tears and how the dad didn't deck him I don't know, what a prick. I know some Desmo owners like Dave etc are sound, but most seem to be posers.

16. Comparing the desirability of bikes is not about 'how much would I use it', and neither is the most desirable bike one that 'you can spank, crash, and get parts to repair...'. If it were, the typical high-mileage UJM or CB500 would be the most desirable bikes around. But they aren't.

Rarity, historical motorsport significance, provenance, legacy, performance, looks, etc are. And on those collective counts, the Desmo beats the SL.

17. Arent we all poseurs? A bit. If I owned either an SL or a Desmo i'd be riding a little gingerly...thats not a euphemism.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Desmo then and assumed I can afford to spend as much again on maintenance...

19. Money no object? I'd have my Desmo dipped in chocolate.

20. I bet SL spares, the real SL bits are more expensive and rarer the Desmo spares given they only made 500 new or not.

Like I said earlier makes a Desmo look cheap/good value for money.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information