1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Featured Diary Of A Trip To Bologna

Discussion in 'Touring' started by RC1, Aug 11, 2024.

1. Was in Bologna 20 years ago for my 40th always said I must go back and now it’s on my list for next year, the food more than anything else. I was watching something on TV last week about antique and reclamation shops in Bologna, one called Freak Ando looked interesting..I always think you’ll find a Ducati camera for 50euro in those places….I wish !

2. PXL_20240629_114952643.MP.jpg PXL_20240629_113820691.jpg PXL_20240629_120706201.jpg PXL_20240629_125417854.jpg

I was there last month as well. Very fun. Bought a V4 as well when I was there.

• Like Like x 2
  3. FYI - the factory tour is free if you’re a DOC member and take your membership card with you :upyeah: or have the MyDucati app and can show your card/membership details in there.

• Useful Useful x 1
  4. excellente! Aiming to pop in to the museum after misano, even if the factory is shut. Then onwards to lake como to catch some family.

5. Factory tours should be up and running again now, just make sure you pre-book a time, don’t just turn up.

• Like Like x 1
  6. According to a friend and fellow traveler the museum was open this week but not the factory ( or factory tour). This coming week will probably be different now we’re into September. Best check it out and plan.

• Like Like x 1
  7. About ten years ago we did the Ducati factory and museum tour--they held our phone cameras in both facilities as no photos were allowed. I'm surprised you were able to snap pics while in the museum---good job! LOL!

8. Crossed wires there - cameras are banned in the factory as you say but definitely allowed in the museum.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Not when I went. About 2014-2015 I think. They would NOT allow cameras in the factory OR museum. Good on you though for getting pics!

10. Does anyone know if you can do the factory tour / museum on a Saturday? I’m there for 3 weeks starting from next week and will need something to kill the time. Thanks

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  11. mate if youre there for 3 weeks you have 18 days to choose from even if sat doesnt work!

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. I wish… 21 days will be spent working.

• Like Like x 1
  13. A shame for you that. I still don't get it though. I've scrolled back through the Tripadvisor reviews for 2015/2014 etc and there are multiple reviews with people posting pics of the museum. I guess there must have been something going on that day.

14. I visited in 2016, I booked the museum & factory tour, really enjoyed myself. I was surprised they didn’t have an incredible shop, but there is one down the road a few hundred metres away. I was also surprised how cheap the tours were.

Definitely pre book, iirc we were met at the gate and chaperoned. I have photos in the museum but not the factory so must have been asked not to.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information