1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dissapointed in bikers today.

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Birdie, Apr 21, 2013.

1. pretty much exactly what I was going to say.

2. Pretty much what I did already say.

3. I was coming back to London to Brum on a Monday morning last year. I left early, before 06:00 as Sarah had to go to work. Anyway, I get down to Oxford Services around 08:00ish and parked up (wasnt on the motorways). Following me in was a bloke in full BMW GS gear riding on a 1200 Adventure. Anyway as Im taking my lid and gloves off, I just hear him swearing. It turns out his tank was emply and he'd left his wallet at home in Lancashire somewhere and he was due in Kent in a few hours. What could I do, I bought him a coffee, had a little talk with him and put £20 worth in his tank. He Paypaled me the money plus a little extra later that day. I was prepared for him not to give me the money back, but I took that risk anyway. Nice bloke thou

• Like Like x 1
  4. Sure this wasnt on the A50 a few years ago, I ran out of fuel on my 749 about 5 years ago and a guy did just this for me?

5. Yep it was definately Oxford services :biggrin::biggrin:

6. Then it flys in the face of this thread :smile: two great stories!!!!

7. I did the same but I put £21 in his tank :wink:

8. The front stick coil packed up on my 749 just out side of Oxford on the A40 a few years ago, while waiting for the recovery, several bikers, two vans and a lorry stopped and asked me if I was OK. Even got a cuppa from a house nearby. If I see a biker by the side of the road I'll try and check they are OK. Duke

• Like Like x 1
  9. [​IMG]

Guy riding the bike says "Tell him we haven't got any tools."

Do Not Sell My Personal Information