1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you do an impression of a nodding dog?

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by El Toro, Aug 20, 2012.

1. So, we can safely assume then that any one on a motorcycle waving his arms in various manners, rubbing the top of his helmet, flashing his lights, and tramping on the ground, that there's plod about. That should be in the highway code and part of the CBT/DAS. I reckon if you can manage three at one time you should get a pass.

2. If you can do three at the same time I recon you should be inline for a job with the white helmets stunt team.:tongue:

3. Purple helmet display team...:biggrin:

4. Oh no......here's the BIG helmet thread coming back!

Only this time there won't be any shame in having the biggest helmet :eek:

http://ducatiforum.co.uk/f20/agv-k4-sale-4170/

If you missed it!

and there goes another shameless plug! :upyeah:

#64 XxAnthxX, Aug 21, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2012
  5. Lmao

6. Bump that bad boy up...!!! :upyeah:

7. You got as much chance as growing tits, but here goes

8. Ya know, I've found police bikers some of the most approachable, friendly and downright pleasant bikers out there. After a trip to the Ace last week on a day off, a mate and I popped into the Hein Grecke store just round the corner. As we came out of the shop a cop that had popped in there also came out. We spent a very nice 10 mins or so chatting, he was a really top bloke and very interesting to speak to. Without the boys in blue our world would fall apart in an incredibly short period of time, I have nothing but respect for them.

9. In the early 80s, I met a copper who had a Z1300 entirely covered in faux zebra fur.

10. I was so chuffed the first time I got a nod whilst riding a CG 125 I nearly wobbled into the ditch :)

• Like Like x 1
  11. I even nodded at a mobility scooter the other day :eek:.

• Like Like x 1
  12. I nod, it make me feel part of something (I know! I need to get out more!) Also like pulling up at lights and observing lady drivers with there other half in the passenger seat. Cant help lifting the visor and winking and getting a smile back (Its only cause they cant see my fugly face)

• Like Like x 1
  13. Well I'm a nodder, however I always hate it when a line of 3-4-5 bikes comes towards me, I feel like I'm pecking at my tank giving each one a nod especially if they are pretty close together, I feel like a loon lol.

Pixie - On the scooter front I have to say I agree with you, there are VERY few I see who ride sensibly and correctly, rather than this being a failing in the part of the rider (in most cases) I think its due to the fact that really anyone who passes a CBT can ride one with little or no road experience, which isn't always their fault.

Stu

14. I either just nod to the lead rider or hold up a hand to wave to the group. Circumstance dictating of course

15. I nod to most 2 wheelers, but not scooters - I agree with Pixie on that one. Always wave to Beemer riders - cos I'm usually riding one! Doing about 30k miles per year at the moment on my 1200GS. I did follow a guy on an ER5 the other day for about 5 miles without him even noticing that I was behind him - I didn't wave to him! Always try to acknowledge car drivers who make room for filtering, with a wave or with a leg if I'm balancing clutch/throttle.

When there are big groups coming towards me I nod to the first and the last, but not all the ones in the group!

Rarely drive the car but often find myself nodding to other bikes, and occasionally thinking that overtakes are definitely "on", without allowing for the size/bulk of a Jeep!

16. Totally agree Stu think is bad how the law allows a 16 year old on the road without the knowledge of the highway code....sickens me to think that when you have a driving license you have to go through a test to get on a big bike and the dsa are so harsh with their test standards! Yes I agree you should do a test however I think the age of Cbts should be heightened and also think that it should be compulsary to do a theory test.

17. Don't bother waving to scooter riders unless they wave at me. In fact increasingly don't wave at anyone unless they wave at me and even then only if I'm not negotiating anything tricky. Safety first nodding later.

18. Strange but I have yet to see a Hampshire police biker who does not wave or nod. Must have a similer reg to the chief constable. Had a nice fat little one come over for a chat in the petrol station the other day.

Regards Steve

19. Its when you have a laydee pillion on the back, you nod and the the oncoming bike completely ignores you, so you have to strange twisty head movements pretending your neck has suddenly gone sore!!:redface:

20. I used to wave as a pillion and thank the cars for moving when overtaking :)
    Subtly of course :)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information