1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you 'like' Harley Davidsons?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Dave, Mar 12, 2013.

1. Rode one last summer. Motor was fun for 15 minutes, then it got boring.

It doesn't turn, doesn't really accelerate.. And the brakes..... Would have more effective to use my feet on the tarmac to stop it..

2. You guys are seriously missing the point! I like bikes for the riding experience, be it flat out on a sports bike or bimbling around on a custom. Maybe it's the same reason I quite fancy a Morgan 3 Wheeler, for the same money you coild buy a nice Porsche, but it's too clinical for me! Harleys really aren't as bad as you'd think. If we believed all we read or heard would any of us be riding over priced, slow, poorly finished, and unreliable pieces of Italian junk?!

3. Poorly built, badly finished, unreliable, vibey, hhhhmmmmm, a thin line between them if you think about it. :wink:
    95 percent of ALL the miles Ive covered could easily have been covered just as well on one of these. Cameras everywhere, our roads are all fucked and petrol is dearer than bloody beer these days.
    I like to give attention to whats around me, enjoy the scenery, be on the lookout for hazards rather than dodging potholes for fear of a broken spine, with my Dyna parked next to my GT, I generally dont have to think too hard on what to take out.

4. The only Harley I've ridden recently is a V-rod Muscle. Now, I know I'm used to better-handling bikes, but I removed a kilo of metal on the very first corner, and that was in central London, ffs! The engine was pretty good, it has to be said, but the rest of the bike was shite. It was brand spanking new, less than 500 miles on the clock, but was already showing signs of corrosion on the alloy parts and fasteners; the ride was spine-jarringly bad, and the brakes poor. And how much? A Panigale looks like a bargain in comparison.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information