1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dodgy Dealer Dilemma

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by AlfG, Jul 9, 2014.

1. Ah, I remember the post where you were signing Foggy's tank but was confused why he would want your signature - but I guess he owes you now to sign yours too! :rolleyes:

Funny how things turn out sometimes...

2. Does it come with a service book :Bookworm: :Shifty: :D

3. 1 carefull owner never raced or rallied :Wideyed:

4. Yep make sure that the service book comes with it and don't post about how you had te bike of your dreams but been pissed about by the dealers. ;)

5. And make sure it's flame retardant/fire resistant :upyeah:

6. I learned something interesting from John Hackett today that may of use to others out there........do not use fuel from the likes of BP, Shell, Tesco etc in a carbon tank as fuel from these companies will contain Ethanol and break down the resin. Instead you need to use fuel known as blue gas or av gas (or other as long as it does not contain Ethanol) that can be purchased from airfields or race companies.

7. Doesn't everybody know that? ;)

8. How much did he charge you for that nugget of information?

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. I must say he seemed a really decent guy and we chatted for over 20 minutes without any mention of an invoice.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Only three sleeps!

11. Or coat the inside of the tank properly to allow normal fuel...

12. seems a good buy a lot of bike for the money ,

13. So nobody on here has been one if the two previous owners then?

14. Yeh, I had it for a bit as a track bike but binned it a couple of times, bloody oversteer :rolleyes:

I kinda bodged it back together using superglue and buffed out the bodywork using good old T-Cut, it turned out pretty good don't you think :upyeah:

• Like Like x 2
  15. You did a remarkable job, mr fogarty ;)

16. Thanks, it's was all the models I used to make as a kid :)

17. I did models when I got older :)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information