1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dodgy Dealer Dilemma

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by AlfG, Jul 9, 2014.

1. then why want, need, get, fogarty to sign it then.....

2. Trust you? You changed careers all of a sudden?

3. if the government can trust me........:cool:

4. The government trusts me so I know how much *that* means ...

5. trust you.....

6. You trusted me with that clutch unit at Rockingham, didn't you?
    I mean, I could have made off with it like a club secretary in the night, you'd have been out of pocket ...

7. ooh, that was such a relevant comment then......

8. Andyb, why don't you start another thread to have a debate on people collecting signatures? I own a minichamps Foggy rep (sorry, that should be replica of Foggy's bike (sorry, that should be dicast model with stickers on)) model signed by Foggy, it doesn't mean I am pretending its his f'kin bike or that he has ridden it.

In this instance, I am buying a 916SPS (please get it right as I dont want to be accused of saying its something its not) that has been made to look like Foggy's 2000 race bike as much as practically possible using components that were at that time, the best available. Not all I grant you as this is NOT a Foggy race bike. The guy who built the bike was as anal about detail as I am and even got Davide Tardozzi's permission to measure and record the exact position of every sticker on Foggy's bike to replicate on this bike.

It was watching Foggy riding the Ducati in 1999 that inspired me to get my bike licence and ride bikes, so I was a late comer to Carl's career and was devastated when I watched him crash in 2000 (on a bike looking very similar but not exactly the same to the one I am buying) and later retire, but that doesn't stop me admiring the guy for everything he has achieved.

Carl knows of the bike I am buying (I didn't say he owned it) and has very kindly agreed to travel to the dealers to be involved in handing the bike over to me as the new owner, have a bit of a photo opportunity, sign the bike, go for a bit of lunch and have a chat. I think that is amazing.

I will never be able to own an actual Foggy race bike, and I am not pretending this is. I just think it is a stunning looking machine with a motor fitting of its appearance, made with genuine parts at a level of detail and care that I can appreciate. When I look at it I feel glad to be alive and when I hear it I know I am alive, it might well kill me though!

I know it will cost to maintain, in fact I'll tell you this as I know you worry. I have already agreed to part with almost £3k as soon as I get it so rest assured I can, and will look after it.

Call it a bitsa, call it what you like (just not a Foggy Rep) I really don't mind.

• Like Like x 8
    • Agree Agree x 3
  9. Relevant? You, Andy? Never gonna happen!

10. Because he signed Foggy's tank and Foggy is returning the favor - didn't you read the post about which pen to use to sign a tank? Get all the facts man ;)

• Like Like x 1
  11. Hi Andy,i've just bought an ex Police Pan,could you sign the tank for me.......................................

• Funny Funny x 5
  12. Sign it what - Grumpy Andy :rolleyes: would look good in swirly scroll

13. Mine would be signed, "Poor obs! Love, Andy".

14. Mine would be, "I'm sorry. I was wrong. Love Andy"

;):D

• Like Like x 1
  15. mine would be....."its not real"...

16. Corrected for you

17. "its not a real foggy rep or a real foggy WSB bike, but I got him to sign it anyway....."

hmmm, I've got some infostrada stickers, i wonder if Bayliss is at WDW see if he will sign them......

18. Corrected for you. You are a lovely chap Andy

19. [​IMG]

20. And @AlfG knows that its not a Foggy rep (see above).

I don't get this whole 'making a point' thing some people have on this forum. The OP is buying a bike they like........with their own money.......not yours. Hows about being happy for someone for a change rather than playing the pedant constantly. Quite frankly its pathetic.

Either that or subscribe from the thread and go and look at something else.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information