1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dodgy Dealer Dilemma

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by AlfG, Jul 9, 2014.

1. then what is the reason for your misery? If not traffic? :p

2. you pick me up wrong boots. what i mean is some people dont appreciate the cost of running a business. in particular the motor/bike trade. it is true the biggest earners in the trade are the sales team.
    most people think i am rolling in it because i am always busy doing anything up to 80+hs a week. trust me i aint. i do from time to time sell the odd fiat or alfa and make good profit on them, but i am also offering the best warranty around, i aint risking a life time of customer business on a quick buck.

3. I'm not picking you up. Its too far to go. But you are right, ive never met a rich mechanic. Met plenty rich salesmen though.

I apologize if i upset your karma, consider it a welcome back wedgie. Weve missed your wierdo pervy posts. :Angelic::upyeah::)

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. now heres a thing having been in the motor trade in a previous life ....i am rebuilding a classic mini cooper at the moment...you try and get anything done for under £40 an hour...even media blasting a rusty shell...i wish i got paid even half that an hour...

5. dude your smarter than than that.
    rent 15k pa
    insurance 3kpa
    lecky 1kpa
    water 1.5kpa.
    phone and interweb 1.5kpa
    equipment tools software updates, bookkeepers, accountants, maintenance on exipment it all ads up. environmental disposal. warranty work holiday pay, and plenty more i cant think off right now.

6. dealer to customer honesty........priceless! c:upyeah:

7. Dont forget the cost of tea bags Fin.

8. i don't doubt for a minuit there are more dodgy dealers/mechanics tradesmen of all professions to be found than dishonest sheriffs b.t.w. but its customer perception of profits i is talking about.
    btw tea is for receivers of swollen goods. coffee breaks around here will deffo be my downfall. that and this forum.

9. Don't worry on that score, Andy, you are a one.

10. one in a million....

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Is it a bitsa Andy...........

12. nah two owners genuine history and everything checks out correct........worth too much to deviate from the original...

13. Are you going to get Paddy Hopkirk to sign it when it's done?

• Like Like x 1
  14. Or Michael Caine ?

15. you were only supposed to paint the bloody callipers red!

• Funny Funny x 2
  16. Or Mr. Bean!

17. So how does a thread get closed?

The purchase is now complete and I have picked the bike up today.

Martin and Ducati Manchester have been exemplary in bringing the sale to a close and ensuring that I am a happy customer, and I've got to say that my face is aching right now I haven't smiled so much.

Thank you Martin and DMC for selling me such a great bike! :upyeah:

Is this thread closed now?

• Like Like x 1
  18. Yep. Deffo closed :)

19. Its closed when it hits page 18......

20. lalalala

Do Not Sell My Personal Information