1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Donington DB levels

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Ducatisti1098, Apr 7, 2012.

1. Hi Steve, i know my bike is loud however i was wondering if i fitted the DB killers would get away with it ?, I'm in Scotland so its a long way to go to and a fairly expensive traveling cost to be knocked back at the circuit for the sake of a few DB's.

2. My last track day in 2010 I just about got my "road legal" 848 full system through Pembrey With the termi supplied baffles at 104. Once he stood a bit further back with his eyes half shut.
    He had a maplins noise meter that had been kicked around a fair bit lol.
    There were 1x98 track bikes there and a rsv4 super stock and they failed. They did help them get through though.

The last ducatisti track day there were going to allow desmosedicis on track for a couple of laps, but it never happened. Would I drag that far for a few laps?

If its the 1098r at full tilt experience your after then it's time To go abroad or sniff out the no noise limit days or take a chance but you sound switched on and you probably already knew all this anyway.

3. Thanks Steve, if your 848 was toiling to pass with the baffles in then i suppose i've got no chance, i was hoping to come down to Donington for 2 days, one is noisy the other is 98db, i haven't been to this track before so i though i would give myself one day to learn it and the next day to have a proper thrash but its probably better to stay away from the quiet days all together,

To make things more complicated i work offshore so i only have a small window to get away for some trackdays, i was at Almeria in December but getting my bike to and from Focused events wasnt easy, the furthest north they come for collection and drop off is Oulton park so its still a 5 hour drive and a tank of fuel with the trailer attached, i thought about driving to Jerez or Almeria so priced the ferry from Plymouth to Santander and it was £800 return , not very cost effective , anyway thanks for the advice, you saved me a wasted journey,

Cheers.

4. If memory serves me a static test for twins with pipes close together like Ducs is:

0.5m away from rear (I think)
    45 degree angle from cans taken at 5000 rpm.

I'll look this up. Think the test is listed on the club msv site.

Matt

Found it. This test should be the same anywhere a static test is carried out as its laid own by the ACU
    http://www.clubmsv.com/bike-testing-noise-limits.aspx

Of course this doesn't apply to donny which is a ride-by test. One mce on the straight and another 2 out on the track

Do Not Sell My Personal Information