1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Donnington Park - Ducati Only Track Day 28th May £175

Discussion in 'Trackdays & Rider Skills' started by mattmccabebrown, Mar 28, 2013.

1. Yep!

I came to have a look for you yesterday Matt, thinking you had a Haga Xerox rep (like your profile pic) but the guy riding the Haga bike had loads of hair. :wink: Obviously wasn't you.

2. Abmatt2002 - Agree with you totally, apart from the weather it was a good day. I went out on my 1199 on supercorsa's every session except the sighting laps as I was in the que only to discover low on fuel. I went hoping to scrub my tyres in, and break in a ducati set of leathers I got free with my 848 a couple of years ago, obviously didn't succeed with the tyres. my local dealer took me and my bike up and back for nothing and were there to set my suspension up if it was dry, and didn't expect anything in rtn. Spoke to a few guy's and had a good (but wet day). AC

• Like Like x 1
  3. Which group were you in?

4. I was in group 1, I normally go in the intermediate group but havn't been on a track day for a couple of years and didn't want to get in any ones way (1199, ducati leathers and ben spies rep helmet). Didn't have any moments, but traction control was really kickin in on the start / finish straight when winding the power on. Which group were you in ? . AC

5. Group 1 too. On the 848 with Baylis rep fairings.

6. Ahh yep my Avatar. Thats a pic of Hagas actual bike and was the first time I saw the 1098 outside of a magazine. I ride a black 1098s as was up in the second to last garage next to Pete1950 and the Robbie Brown #34 Panigale :tongue:
    Im sure our paths will cross thou :smile:

7. Great to meet new and old faces.

Enjoyed riding in the rain, as haven't done it for many years now.

Ducati UK I feel made the best of a poor situation. I had no dealing with the FE staff, as I try not to involve myself with them.

I've never heard of a trackday being cancelled due to rain. People could've rode round, the bikes don't dissolve in the wet.

There was advanced warning of poor weather, giving plenty of time to prepare properly with regards to tyres.

I thought the food was ok and compares to the food offered by race teams at circuits for guests.

On balance, the day was ok for the conditions, with Ducati offering some recompense for the weather.

The day was there, it is up to the individual to make the best out of it.

• Like Like x 5
  8. Were you in with a big ugly bald bloke called Stu? Had a Panigale mainly in carbon fiber?

I must confess, we (Me, Mr C, Samie B and Freak) were going to relocate your bike leaving a note saying "moved to garage 23"...I know, hilarious!
    Shame I missed you and Pete, would have been good to meet and say hello.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Spot on! :upyeah:

10. The positives for me where: Setting up Bradders bike for the wet and him saying it felt good. Speaking with Neil Spalding whilst setting up Bradders's bike. Not Dropping the yellow shed in the rain when I eventually got out. Hodgson being a natural comedian.Not buying any corporate tat. Bumming fags of Gbyte666 (again)

• Like Like x 3
  11. Cant help but agree with this, done around 150 track days over the years and have never had one cancelled for rain. There were guys splashing around out there on road tyres and having fun. The day was what you made of it, as was said the forecast had been for rain for several days so it was no surprise when it was wet. Even the Desmosedeici splashed round for a session. The track was a lot safer than the roads in the same conditions.

12. If anyone has found a big yellow tractor funnel.........:frown:

13. A big yellow tractor funnel.................nope not seen it!

14. I had a good day all things considered.... found FE staff helpful, food was ok....didn't go out till just before lunch hoping for break in weather but thought fuck it and went out anyways...
    I too struggled for grip even on the 996 but was running reasonably worn road tyres, had plenty of moments wheel spinning out of hairpin and especially onto pit straight where I had a couple of real slappers whilst scrambling for grip through the gears...:)
    Was nice to meet a few of you, weather wasn't helpful as everyone was hiding somewhere warm when they weren't out boating around Donnington...
    I was in with Matt and pete1950 in number 4 garage.

Cheers for coming along tobytyke, nice to see you and some good pictures too, shame you didn't get one of my eyes when I had that last big moment on the pit straight!
    Thanks also Jason B for sorting out surplus ticket/place.

Darren

• Like Like x 2
  15. Big and bald, yes. Ugly, probably, but no that wasnt me, but i know the man you mean. Im sure I would have seen the funny side if you moved my bike. However at Brands hatch, im going to use a alias just to be safe :tongue:

16. Felt good too..the bike that is, not he bumming. Next step racing in the wet ;-)

17. Yes I saw your bike:biggrin: out there, unfortunately I arrived when most of the garages were taken so I was up at the end garage, there was a Checa 1098 rep race bike, bayliss 999 rep track bike and a black 848 / 1098 in the same one. As one of the other members said most were keeping out of the cold and rain so it didn't help with getting to meet other members. Glad most of the guy's / girls stayed upright and got home safely. Maybe get a chance to say hello at another track day. AC

18. Anyone know how the geezer on the tri pani was after his off...he was out cold when I came across him just after he crashed

19. in the last session? Broke his arm

20. Think it was 2nd to last, but my last session, 1540. Confess it didnt look like a Pani when I passed it but tbh I was more concerned with missing him on the exit

Do Not Sell My Personal Information