1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Donnington Park - Ducati Only Track Day 28th May £175

Discussion in 'Trackdays & Rider Skills' started by mattmccabebrown, Mar 28, 2013.

1. Not a problem, if you cant go, Im sure the somebody will be interested

2. Probably very wise not to go looks like rain all day............as was the last TD I booked so that's it for me I shall never book another as its a total waste of time and money to sit around in a garage all day.

3. I won't decide until the night before.

4. Even if it does rain, i'll still go and I'll go out on track. Slowly and maybe for just a few laps :tongue:

• Like Like x 2

5. Buy some wets, or road tyres. you'll be amazed how much grip there is.

Oh yeah, it's Donny with the plane petrol.

6. there you go sorted for you....:wink:

7. Three UK track days last year, all wet. Last Ducati one was a washout all morning and I left at lunchtime rather than bin it riding in the wet. Now the weather is the same again. I have three more in the UK this year - if none are dry, I will just give up and go abroad!

Hope the forecast changes, but it was 6 degrees here today and I was wheelspinning on the way to the office on the commute, so I doubt I will bother trying to ride anywhere with jet fuel and water on it!

Fingers crossed the weather improves. I will probably go up anyway as I have already booked things..... hopefully see some of you there.

• Like Like x 1
  8. We need a collective finger crossing that the weather gods shine upon us.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Always a gamble with our weather.. I will be booking a Euro trip later this year though, at least you've got better odds of a dry track

• Like Like x 1
  10. European track days are definately the answer.uk track days big gamble even in mid summer!lol best to book uk days last minute.on this ducati day and its the only uk one I book in advance.

11. Or... have a wet and dry bike. Now, which one should it be? :tongue: 2 race bikes.jpg

2 race bikes.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  12. Oh to have the resources!!:mad:

13. Hope its dry matt...or I'm riding my boke back! Lol

I have some very worn SC2 s fitted so jopimg a tyre but there to change them for smeing able to cope with wet and road

14. Just because you're in Wales doesn't mean you have to type in Welsh :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  15. Been drinking? Or a very small key board?

• Like Like x 1
  16. Think I've translated it. Yep there normally is a tyre bloke there at focussed events but the stock from experience is normally fast road tyres. And they charge a fortune to remove wheels if you don't have the tools.

17. Any one want to pick my bike up on Monday and take it to donington ?

18. My last Spanish trackday gave me 2.5 days of rain in 4 :mad:

19. I got four cracking days in the sun.generally you stand a far better chance of good weather in Spain say,than you do in the uk.

20. 2.5 out of 3 for me :mad:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information