1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dry Clutch Service

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Cream_Revenge, Dec 21, 2014.

1. Make sure you're using a decent Hex socket (not a multipoint) that isn't gonna slip off & fuck your posts, the nut is pretty shallow.

2. Torque wrench goes to 150ft-lbs but don't have a socket, I'm sure that's easy enough to rectify, will get a normal hex as you say though. I see what you mean about the nut being shallow.

3. Really don't need to be very tight if this is right!

4. The 5mm post bolts (the only bolts he touches in the video) don't need to be but the drum nut does.

5. Welcome to the realm of the Ducati dry clutch.... You'll soon be whipping it off quicker than the wife's pants...:D[/QUOTE]
    Whats he doing with your wifes pants on?

6. done mine today....easier than I anticipated :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  7. Clutch or wife?

8. When you going to take her for a shake down?

9. Again the bike or the wife. I'm confused

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Believe me guys......my wife ain't easy!
    She luvs our bikes tho' :)

• Like Like x 1
  11. anything is easy if you
    a know what you are doing
    b what you are doing is correct and not just what you think is correct

• Like Like x 1
  12. Which is why I firmly believe in:
    A- fools rush in
    B- forewarned is for armed.
    Which is why I ask so many dumb questions.

• Like Like x 1
  13. for me the hardest parts the motivation, where do you guys find the time. i assume your all retired.interesting wee thread i was wondering what a slipper looked like inside.

14. Nope, married, father of 2 with full time job with no retirement close (I'm 40). I do work from home though.

15. cool,cool.think i need to change my lifestyle. i aint got time for jack. :upyeah:

16. Work from home, its awesome.

17. i could and should. 15hrs sold at home would be more profitable than the 60hrs min at the workshop in oban, hmm i wonder.

18. Its the commute for me, 1hr each way is 10 hours per week, 40 hours per month. That's nearly 2 whole days back! Then add the fact you can play with your dry slipper clutch on your lunch hour eating your sarnie.

And I'm home all day so eBay goes straight in the garage before others return home ;)

• Like Like x 3
  19. hear ya. or i could just send the wife out to work. and continue to do jack.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information