1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dry Clutch Service

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Cream_Revenge, Dec 21, 2014.

1. I had to send the wife out to work to buy me a Ducati.

• Like Like x 2
  2. I did just that and the wife bought me the project SS

• Like Like x 2
  3. No it's not... Seems you have no good advice to offer on the subject; you just want to whinge and drip...

4. the first to actually raise the point that we haven't established what the op has...

5. second piece of advice and a direction....

6. Cock. All was going really well and all back together and testing ok.
    Just checking tightness on the two bolts that hold the engine case on and not the clutch cover and it went "bang" and stripped the thread in the engine case.

Now what the hell do I do?

Sensible answers only please as I feel sick.

7. hellicoil
    buy a kit

8. Ok, that's not looking to bad then?

9. dont know how much room you have, but not the end of the world. prob m6 bolts? you can get m7 and tap it out.

10. You could try running a tap down the thread first to see if that will sort the thread out.

11. What were you checking them with , to make sure they were at the correct torque?

12. Socket wrench, only went to nip it up and it went bang .

13. Why nip it up was it loose?

14. I had taken them all out to clean it up.

15. If it's an engine block thread I think it might be a bit more involved than you think. How far did you strip the clutch? Did you borrow a tool to lock the drum/hub & have you still got it. You're gonna have to drop the oil & strip the clutch completely to remove the side cover, easy if you know how. You really need a service manual if you haven't got one :Bookworm:

16. Can I ride it like this? Might let Geoff at Baines fix it rather than risk doing more damage.

17. Nip it up, you were aware they're torqued to 10Nm yeah, forewarned and all that

18. Now you know the problem with using socket wrenches on the cases. I would recommend only using T-Bar wrenches on the engine case

19. I used an allen for the springs, that went fine. Got a little excited and stopped concentrating and bang.

20. Can I ride it to Baines? It's about 40 miles

Do Not Sell My Personal Information