1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dry Clutch Service

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Cream_Revenge, Dec 21, 2014.

1. Yeah shouldn't be a problem, bit of an expensive lesson though

2. Yep, as long as I can ride it there, that's the main thing. Was going to get Geoff to Do belts and valves anyway so it all had to come off. I'm sure I won't be the first twat he has seen do this.

3. might as well get him to build the clutch correctly too.....

4. Did a good job on the clutch, all rust off the springs etc, lovely and clean. It was the last bolt.

5. What took you so long I've been waiting for that all day.....
    lol1.jpg

6. yep I'm sure its pretty.... but how did you measure and reset the stack height, what order have you put the plates in, how many spring plates have you?.......

7. All 6 springs, didn't measure as it was grabbing, not slipping and all went back in as it came out.

8. exactly......

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. mate trust me....as he will probably have to take the clutch off to take the side case off to get at the broken bolt thread i would get him to rebuild the clutch properly too...in any case he will have to do that any way....

10. One of the screws in the clutch housing is 5mm longer(70mm vs. 65mm) as the hole it's in has a locating dowel set to it. If you've screwed one of the shorter screws in there, it'll pull easily as in only engages on 2 or 3 threads. There's plenty of thread in the casings, just use a 5mm longer screw.

11. Now I like the sound of that, it was only a few threads on the end.

Will check tomorrow.

12. Do you know which one should be the longest of the 4 long ones?

13. fire something down it and measure

14. Is it a M5 0.8 bolt?

15. Just because you can......

16. That's the bitch.

So I need a 70mm M6 1.0 unless I can get something longer in after testing by stuffing something down it.

17. Sorry?

18. that will be one for nelly i am affrai
    yip, nelly recommended 5mm more.

19. I wouldn't "stuff" anything down it, just remove the other bolts if you've got em mixed up it'll be one of those.....

Do Not Sell My Personal Information