1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ducati 1299s,longshot??.

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by BIG ZOOK, Feb 23, 2024.

1. Ducati Cambridge have one but it’s 11k miles don’t know if that’s too many.
    Fdsh too.

• Like Like x 1
  2. That's my old one, p/ex'd it for my PP.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Looks a nice clean example :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  4. Theres a 1299s at Ducai Aylesbury, 12K miles for 12.5K , its clean and has a new dash that i fitted. :)

• Like Like x 1
  5. I bought a 1299S from Ducati Cambridge a couple of years ago, and I would buy from them again. But it had done pretty much zero miles for the first 4 years, and despite only having done 1600 miles before I picked it up, and having £2k spent on it by Vindis, it never felt as quick as I thought it should. So I'm not sure it sitting around, and perhaps being started a few times without the first service being done, did it much good. I do miss it though, and may buy another one.

• Like Like x 1
  6. I don’t think I’ve ever read a bad word said about ducati Cambridge. I’ve only started using them recently, or since Hyside moved to fkn maldon and they’ve been spot on every time.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Well I don't know if that South American fella is still there....

• Like Like x 1
  8. Let me ask you this. I understand Ducati Cambridge is a reliable bike. Can it be expected to last 100-200k miles? Or more?

9. lol…I’m in the same boat…I’m looking to get a 1299S and constantly monitoring all around…hoping to get one the next few months..

• Like Like x 2
  10. I know nothing about these newer yocks but seen this ad it’s in AH Super bikes in N/Ireland

INVESTMENT OPPORTUNITY!!!

2021 DUCATI PANIGALE 1299 R FINAL EDITION WITH JUST 800 MILES AND ONE OF THE VERY FEW TO HAVE A FULL AKRAPOVIC SYSTEM AT £5500!!!

ONLY 1299 OF THESE BIKES WERE PRODUCED AND THIS PARTICULAR BIKE IS A NORTHERN IRELAND BIKE FROM NEW!! A FUTURE COLLECTABLE FOR SURE THIS BIKE HAS 209BHP AND ONLY WEIGHS 168kg!!!

THE BIKE COMES WITH A TAIL TIDY, RAD GUARDS AND FULL TITANIUM SYSTEM AND INCLUDES ALL THE STANDARD PARTS!!!

GREAT HP AND PCP PACKAGES ABAILABLE!!!

£28999

• Like Like x 1
  11. Yeah there was a zero mile one near me in Bournemouth...I was trying to come up with a cunning plan to get it but it has sold...

I do really like the FE but i would need to sell my RSV4 Factory at the very least and im not sure how much i'd get as she is one of the original 2009 ones. But i dont think you can take a passenger on teh FE due to the exhaust (my 8 year old likes going on the back) and im not sure about the 1199 Panigale R, need to do more research but i have a bit of time.

Really fancy a 1299S but my eye is also looking at the 1199 Panigale R (Gen 2) but i need to do more research about these. Might have to put up a post attempting to glean some info of you guys about them all.

maybe ill try and stalk to have a look at Freaks when i get the money on my hand to buy.

• Like Like x 1
  12. For me I just want a 1299s with low miles and a full service history,once I buy a bike that has been looked after it will be a keeper for me and used until it blows up,then the service history would not be a problem.lol

13. Good luck on finding your perfect bike m8.I could buy a brand new v4s ,but want the last of the big twin.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Yeah i hear you, thats the same boat im in. I have a V4 which is amazing to ride so i fancy a big twin. The looks of the V4S and with it supposedly being an amazing bike but its the lure of a big stinking V-twin which has me. Would love a FE but im not sure ill be able to stretch to that so fancy a Gen 2 Panigale R (if i can get one in my budget) or teh 1299S. I cant imagine either bike being bad.

• Like Like x 2
  15. I’ve a 2015 1299S that I’ve owned from new. Thinking of selling as hardly ridden over last year or so. picture in my avatar, pm me ?

• Like Like x 2
  16. TonyC, yeah i would definitely be interested, as i imagine Big Zook would be too. I cant pm at moment i think i must need more posts. Happy to hear teh details via a Pm.

17. Get tony to pm you, you can then reply ?

• Like Like x 1
  18. Or just post a load of nonsense on a few threads, it's how I started but I enjoyed it so much I've continued in the same vein

19. the forum in a nutshell isn’t it? ;p

• Funny Funny x 2
  20. Agreed mate,had a deal set up and ad a video walk around of the bike and it looked good.With the age and mileage I would not have minded a missed service,but not the first one.Decent bike and price,thought it was just right.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information