1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ducati 2016 World Première Chat Thread

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Rob, Oct 30, 2015.

1. 959... that exhaust.... still haven't stopped laughing.

whoever designed that wants a pat on the back, Ducati are going to be selling many more race systems than ever before.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. 1299 or whatever it morphs into is next on the hit list for the exhausts in 2017 when it needs to meet Euro 4 compliance.

3. US version of 959 has the traditional panagali under engine exhausts on it. check it out on Ducati.com

4. We might be out of Europe by then.

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Ref the earlier posters.... MCN had tweets thick and fast all eve! Not that I'm a fan, think they are shite! And the Yamaha presentation was far superior to the Ducati one IMHO

6. Can't get over the exhaust on the euro 959 Panigale! I guess they knew the rule changes were coming but have completely ignored it and just put the ridiculous looking bins on the side like the jap version. Surely they are going to offer the Akros with it??

7. The Scrambler with a smaller motor is excellent news for the learner rider. Not my thing but good on them. Loved the enduro. Would like to take one for a ride. I have the DVT Multi and I love it but it ain't no off road bike. The cruiser rocks. Again not my thing but it looked the business. Again if I was in the market it would warrant a test ride for sure. As for the presentation it was a bit drawn out and probably lost some of its impact by not having someone whose native language is English. Personally I like the the way Italians phrase English so not a complaint just an observation. Was it worth all the hype? Perhaps a slightly reserved yes from me.

8. This.

9. For me, the only Ducati with any real Wow! factor yesterday was the XDiavel and it's not really my cuppa. And, whilst Ducati witters on about "Black, X and Weasels" (sic), here's what KTM has to say about the Super Duke GT: "The end result is a long-distance machine that proudly roars past the top of the food chain, hungry for more. For miles. The faster, the better. A bike that is equally happy chasing horizons, as it is chasing super sports bikes. And crushing them.”

EICMA 2016: KTM 1290 Super Duke GT revealed plus Special Edition 1290 Super Duke R! | Bike Social

Which is, I would argue, a rather clearer message ;-)

10. Won't be all that long until Ducati completely invert via their own marketing arsehole at this rate, with the 90's Steve Jobs homages in tow.

KTM have some interesting stuff on the crack. The new Yamaha naked looks interesting too... Should I be able to get past the styling.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. image.png

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  12. Oh dear, oh dear: I guess that all the designers were busy on the XDiavel so they gave the 959 exhausts to the summer intern, on the principle of, "How much damage could they do?" ;-)

13. Superduke GT will be £15999, with semi-active WP, cruise control, all the electronics and 173hp. I'll be looking forward to the test ride…

14. [​IMG]

15. The Yamaha MT-10 holds the most interest for me. Decided to can the monster 1200R until I can get a look at that.

16. It's probably a great bike, but looks like Wall-E after he's been, ah, 'surprised' from behind by a Transformer… ;-)

17. Same here, I'm hoping to view both at the NEC this year, if I'm allowed :)

18. Here's his school project...

735E0651.jpg tumblr_mhswlsOUN41qingbgo1_1280.jpg

• Funny Funny x 4
    • WTF WTF x 1
  19. I've just seen a 125cc down my road with the same 'style' wheels and exhaust as the 959. Maybe Ducati are targeting a much younger clientele. Or maybe paper rounds pay well these days.

20. Yeh, the aftermarket system is already on sale...

image.jpg

Do Not Sell My Personal Information