1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

749 Ducati 749 With 1098 Swingarm And Front End

Discussion in '749 / 999' started by GP Motorsports, Apr 22, 2015.

1. Only on one side... the other looks light as a feather :)

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Er, true. But the heavy side looks VERY heavy. I guess that's how it works... ;) To me it's not a problem that needs solving, that's all. Putting a newer engine and stronger front-end in a 916 series bike makes a lot of sense, but the single/double-sided swinger is really just a cosmetic preference and not one I'd be spending £2k on.

It does look like a neat job.

3. If the 749/999 came with a single-sider as standard, I'd pay £2k for a conversion to double-sided ... but not vice versa :)

Still, a neat bit of engineering is a neat bit of engineering (even if it is wrong-headed :D ).

• Like Like x 1
  4. I wouldn't normally go for chassis upgrades just to improve the aesthetics but that looks great to me.

Couple of questions:

Is the wheelbase the same?
    Does the leverage on the shock change meaning the shock needs a revalve?
    Does the bodywork need trimming?
    Are all the modifications reversible?

Thanks

5. I'm looking forward to seeing the 999 with the 1198 motor in it.

6. Why are you taking the piss out of people that own an 848 or a 1098, I have one of each?

Ducati have not made an ugly or non desirable bike ever, and just because you prefer the looks of the 999 does not mean that people that own another model should be held to account for their personal taste. After all, you want to incorporate some of the 1098 into your chosen and preferred model. Maybe you should complete the ensemble by putting a 916 fairing on and the exhaust system from a Panigale!!

Good job though.

• Drama Queen Drama Queen x 1
  7. i dont think it was the bike they are poking..........more the gold rizoma tat that some hang on their bikes......

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. A nice conversion.

9. How is the R nowadays??

10. Ok So guys I like the anodizer crowd, hell I'm with them on the tat some looks great some well lets leave the chinese stuff there .....

So some answers to questions, wheels base is about same, rear shock geometry is perfect (uses the full setupt including rocker link), no mods needed to bodywork at all, all work is reversible

I agree the left hand side looks kind of bulky but that was the appeal for me as I like the WSB kit style of the later singe siders, but thats not to say that any of the Duc family SS Swingarms can't be made to fit

Thanks for comments guys, its just my take of what I thought the 749/999 could look like if it was a modern today version

• Like Like x 1
  11. I think it's stunning! Do you think the buyer would run into issues with insurance? I can just imagine what the would at when you list engine and swing arm conversion on the modifications list!

I love it!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information