1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1199 Ducati 899 - 959 - 1199 - 1299 Modifications - What Have You Done To Yours?

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Rob Jarvis, Jun 30, 2015.

1. Great ride out today but noticed that the place that did my tyres yesterday have majorly over adjusted the chain adjustment

There is no play in it at all!!

2. bloody morons, this is why I wont let anyone touch my bike. I would take the wheel in next time.
    They are messing with your life!!!

3. Is it that dangerous then?

I'm pretty angry to be honest as the place did the exact same thing on my previous bike!

4. This isn't defending the place as its their bread and butter to do this, it's pretty sketchy as at best it causes the chain to stretch really quick and puts a load of strain on the engine output shaft. At worst the chain snaps and takes some crankcase or some back of your thigh with it.

I notice though on my 899 it's quite a tricky tension to get spot on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. I just hope it hasn't buggered the chain as I did over a 100 miles yesterday. On the stand it has a tiny bit of movement, but when you sit on it there is basically no movement at all!

6. Yeah. Needs slackening off pronto!

7. The 899 takes a lot of chain slack out when u sit on it also so I made sure that without weight on the bike I had it set at the furthest measurement of the tension (it's written on the swingarm how loose it should be)

8. The Panigale needs a lot of chain slack, a chain that is too tight can cause excessive wear, excessive noise and in some extreme cases, blown coutershaft seals, bearing or even break the countershaft itself. You could crash.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Just ordered;

Seat cowl
    Puig handlebar grips in red
    Ducati Corse decals in white

And a Givi 40 litre roll bag with straps for upcoming trips (don’t do all that Kriega nonsense).

Got the Conquest Carbon rear hugger coming from Joe P. Cheers dude.

Also have the Design Corse mirror signal replacements to go on and once I see the colour of the carbon from Joe P I’ll be ordering a matching Exhaust Guard.

Actually don’t mind the look of the OEM front fender so that will stay for now.

Phew.

10. But you aren't decided on the exhaust yet then?

Btw if you are buying the exhaust shield in carbon, from the reading I have done it seems that the 'imburger' or however it's spelt seems to be one of the only ones that won't discolour from heat. Some of the others quickly burn!

11. As you know the Competition Werkes pipe wasn’t for me, I’m not really a huge fan of the looks of the Arrow despite the obvious cost benefits and I begrudge shelling out £1200+ for the Termi’s brand new (especially as i was offered them at xmas for £500 :disappointed:) . Will keep my eyes peeled for second hand but in no great hurry now tbh mate.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Found out the dealer has crashed it..

Not naming the dealer as they've been very good about it.

Not best pleased as you can imagine

13. :fearscream:
    fucking hell dude, i hope you gave them your best compo face

14. Well they will be repairing it, and repairing it to as new condition! Without a single chip more.

Either that or they can do me a deal on a 1299 and have it done with.

Majorly p*ssed off though as you'd imagine! I'm due to go away on it at the start of June as well and it needs a fair amount of bits from Italy

15. Noooooooo. That's not good.

16. That sucks.....

17. Awaiting their estimate tomorrow. Just hope for their sake they don't try and cut corners repairing it because I don't care how small of a chip there may be on a panel, it wasn't there before so it needs replacing.

18. Best of luck with it. Also worth making sure the shades of red match as I've seen slight variations in colours, although tbf mostly seat cowls not matching.

Did they just drop it then? They don't need to get the frame checked I assume?

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  19. I am sure the repair will be fine i would check the steering lock stop is not broken as this is a common weak point in a drop and will require a new airbox/frame to fix it correctly,hope all goes well and you get your bike back quickly.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  20. Low sided it :sleepy:

• Dislike Dislike x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information