1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1199 Ducati 899 - 959 - 1199 - 1299 Modifications - What Have You Done To Yours?

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Rob Jarvis, Jun 30, 2015.

1. gone 42 rear and i like it for road riding

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Subframe fitted along with some more carbon and 330 brembo discs image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

• Like Like x 7
  3. Nice ride fella, interested to know what you've achieved with the remap and who's done it for you. Do you have any before and after graphs as well as your seat of the pants feeling ?

4. Just fitted some Gia Moto rearsets. Not tried them yet but they look really nice.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like Like x 7
  5. remap done at Hilltop Mc ill dig out and post the charts, it rides and fuels perfectly all the way through the range, i found it hesitant pulling away from lights etc and low speed running and used to stall it but ive not stalled it once since it was mapped, best cash ive spent on the bike (£350)

6. Light tint Zero Gravity screen, standard size/shape. Fiddly job!

image.jpeg

• Like Like x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  7. Good lord man, do you run without the heat shield or is it in the middle of being replaced?

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Went for a blast earlier sunny n warm, leathers and heat shield fitted 102degC felt like my arse was on fire in traffic!!

9. I run without one the systems inconel and doesn't with hold heat like titanium or steel

Miss my seat heater in the winter though

10. I don't notice as much in leathers but I did at the weekend in jeans. Will be coating the underside of my seat in heat resistant foil, but it was the heat coming from the exhaust out of the right hand side of the bike that really cooked my thighs. And I mean cooked! It's worth it though :)

11. Forgive my ignorance....what is "inconel" ?

12. Useful... Done that.
    Perhaps I should of asked why it doesn't radiate heat like steel or ti ?

13. Getting my baby back tomorrow

14. Well yes, maybe asking the actual question you want the answer to would be the way forward for those of us who have left our crystal balls at home today...
    I was just teasing Tony. Here's a quote from AR racing on the benefits, doesn't go into the science but affirms the notion that inconel helps lower exhaust temperatures...

"Richard Austin offered his opinion on other benefits of Inconel exhausts "Inconel offers other advantages such as longevity and keeping the ambient temperature low, thus helping to keep shock absorbers and the rider's limbs cooler".

15. I'm no scientist but I can vouch that it doesn't seem to radiate heat like to or steel and it cools a lot quicker and most importantly it's a dam sight lighter than both

16. Have you seen the price of Sato's "so-called" race hooks. Not sure what exactly is "race" about them but at £60 ish, they are having a laugh.

Good idea though, for something solid on the bike to attach your ratchet straps to when securing the bike in the van etc.

Thought I'd upload a pic of Dano's race hooks. £6.

image.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  17. Picked it up off the floor after some little dickhead in a 4x4 knocked into it as i was getting some cash out. Fuming isnt the word.

18. Ah shite, much damage?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do Not Sell My Personal Information