1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1199 Ducati 899 - 959 - 1199 - 1299 Modifications - What Have You Done To Yours?

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Rob Jarvis, Jun 30, 2015.

1. Will do,speaking to a chap at the weekend who had one on his 1199,he said upshifts as smooth as the standard shifter and down shift was addictive,genuinely looking forward to getting it fitted.

• Like Like x 1
  2. where can I buy just the Ducati corsa stickers for my Red 899?

3. Looking forward too reports on this too.........Anyone know of an aftermarket anti wheelie (yes I know throttle control, back brake etc etc) but some thing that allows you to keep the throttle pinned without flipping it....

4. How much is one of these fitted mate? Would love one!

5. Here you go , Ducati auto blip down shift module
    Fitting seems pretty simple,ordered mine from my dealer hoping to pick it up Saturday and fit over the weekend,was told the standard settings are pretty good but can custom set them via the usb cable.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Awesome, thank you. Interested to hear what it's like

7. I had mine made by Tony Hill at TonyJames Designs image.jpeg

8. What have I done to my bike?......

Bought an ex-Ducati race bike 1199S, but with a prototype, so non-homologated frame, so no V5, and no ABS. Wow! The most thrilling bike I've ridden (ex-S1000RR & Ten Kate SSTK Blade). Perfect.
    Blew it up at the top of Craners at Donington in Aug 15, threw a con-rod. It punched a small hole in the casing, oil on tyre, track-sky-track, but no serious injury.
    Hmmm...keep it or sell what's left?
    Got in touch with reputable Ducati breakers in Europe & US selling Panigale engines to see if anyone had an R engine.
    Imported a 2014 R engine & adjustable swing arm from US. Managed to get hold of a SSTK Reparto Corse Panigale race exhaust.
    Had them all fitted by my local Ducati dealer, DMC, then mapped and dyno'd by JHP.
    Result?
    192bhp at the wheel with 94lb-ft of torque.
    Will tell you what it's like to ride next week - off to Almeria for 3 days.

9. Pictures please!

10. Sounds a interesting bike,would love to see some pics.

11. Looks like I need to add pics to something like Photobucket etc. Then put their urls in this sites add-photo feature
    Watch this space

12. You don't need to, you can upload straight into the post by using the 'upload a file' button over here -------------------------------------------------> ( and down a bit...)

13. Duh. Would help if I learned to scroll down :)
    Thx MattM.
    Now let me see if I can load....

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like Like x 6
  14. This carbon fibre lark is addictive. And expensive...
    image.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Was that the one going around oulton park on Tuesday ? Think all of DMC/Manchester were out playing on bikes

16. The last two days I've managed to part detail her. Pre wash, two bucket wash, remove fallout, de-tar, clay, blow dry, tape up, machine polish and sealant applied. Matte sealant on carbOn, wheels and plastic.

Then fitted dp tank pad, seat and R decals. Also fitted an optimate lead.

All that's left is a coat of swissvax crystal rock and somewhere to get some decent snaps!

image.jpeg image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

#136 Horico, Mar 24, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2016
    • Like Like x 2
  17. Fitted the DP Lower radiator grille and after telling myself I didn't need any carbon bits, I must have been telling fibs cos I appear to have been removed of some cash and got the DP Carbon Hugger! :) I still haven't fitted the P8Zero filter or the Ducati Corse decals though...:Banghead:

18. Ordered new tyres

New Kriega bits arrived

19. Sh*g me - my bikes are lucky to get a blast with the jet wash a couple of times per year!!!!!

20. Fitted a set of GiaMoto rear sets - a PITA compared to other bikes I have fitted them to - the end on bolts compared to side on are a real bugger....

Giamoto Brake.JPG

Giamoto Gear.JPG

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information