1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ducati EverRed warranty program ending 31/3/2012

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by AndyW, Mar 30, 2012.

1. Have you tried talking to the original dealer/owner to see if they can help?

2. unfortunately i filled in the change of ownership and sent that off to ducati, had i not done that i may well of been able to contact previous owner/dealer and got the warranty sorted through them, looks like that is not an option.

3. I'm picking up my MTS on Friday from Ducati Glasgow and have already asked about the extended warranty. I'll update with anything I find out.

4. Picked up mine last Saturday complete with Ever Red warranty. No mention of any changes to it at all.

5. Mine came from Riders of Cardiff and I was informed that the application and receipt were the effective proof of the extension.

6. Did you buy the red MTS with panniers viewdvb?

7. If you read the 'Application for Warranty Extension' paperwork you will see that's what it is. A 'request to provide'. It is not a contract, i.e. it is not proof of third year warranty (IMHO - I am no lawyer).

I contacted Ducati Aylesbury where I bought my bike and hence warranty extension and they said "relax, your warranty is in place, Ducati just take ages to send the paperwork out". I've been waiting a month now, so I have 5 months left before I need the third year warranty to start.........

Has anyone received the 'acceptance' from Ducati?

8. I picked up the year old MTS from Ducati Glasgow today, very pleased with it :)

I spoke to them about the extra years warranty and they said there was no problem with me being the second owner, the warranty was on the bike. Once the bike is transferred to my name and I get the paperwork, I'm going back to get the warranty. Price is £280.

9. Or free if you do a good deal!

10. Fair one :). I reckon I got a pretty good deal so rode away happy and smiling.

11. So has anyone gt the 3rd year warranty acceptance paperwork yet from Ducati?

12. I received this email a couple of days ago:

On 25 April 2012 15:24, Ducati <[email protected]> wrote:
    "Bike registration for this bike "ZDMA200ACAB007778"has been activated successfully."

I've not received anything in writing as yet.

When I paid the £300 to Ducati Aylesbury, they said that the 3rd year warranty included the European recovery, as extension included all the services which applied to original warranty. Needless to say I've not seen anything which confirms this.

13. I was told otherwise re the Breakdown cover Steve and I'm sure I've seen mention of Breakdown cover not being included mentioned elsewhere.

When is the 2 year anniversary for your bike?
    My Dealer is contacting Ducati re my not having heard anything although I'm still a few weeks short of the two years.........but I did pay up nearly 6 months ago so it's poor not to have heard a peep out of them!

14. Andy
    I'm assuming that was Riders. I bought mine in Feb and have heard nothing. I keep forgetting to chase it up. let us know how you get on. I must remeber to ring them!!

15. I posted on the other thread that I had a warranty extension document through today. My bike is 14 months old and is now warrantied until April 2014.

16. The anniversary is 5th November, so I have over six months to go. So I've got plenty of time to get clarification on the breakdown cover.

17. I've also just bought the extended warranty from Ducati Glasgow. There was no issue with it at all.

18. The blank form indeed starts off as an "application", but once the customer has paid over the money (with receipt), and both the customer and the dealer have completed and signed the form, and the customer has been given his copy to keep (setting out the contract terms in detail on the reverse) - then a contract has clearly come into existence. That could be easily proved, in the event of a dispute. I should like to see a lawyer for Ducati arguing that they could validly take the £300 but provide nothing in return! No court would accept that. Many contracts are embodied in a document which starts off labelled as an "offer" or a "proposal" etc.; once the offer is accepted and the consideration paid, there is a contract.

19. There's a similar thread running on another Ducati site stateside and they are talking about 5, 6 or 7 year warranty, do they run a different system over there?

20. Mate just told me he has bought a Hardley Ableson XL1200 £6500 2009 model and it comes with 4 yrs HD warranty....if thats true then its pretty impressive!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information