1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ducati Insurance

Discussion in 'Insurance - Sponsored by Ducati Insurance' started by Rob, Jun 2, 2014.

1. There has been a blanket ban on higher value / high performance bikes being used for commuting and I suspect this is why we have been unable to cover you.

However, having read your post I did bring it up (again), with the Underwriters and can say that they have now agreed to review their position on a case-by-case basis.

Sorry we've lost you for this year; but thanks for the post as it helped to sway favour and hopefully start the inexorable slide towards resolving the situation once and for-all.

2. I was hopeful you'd have been able to do something for me last week but unfortunately DI was £52 more expensive that Carole Nash and with £100 more excess :(

3. Big up for D I from me,a real pleasure to deal with,they even have normal human beings on the end of a phone ! Super efficient,have been very flexible on cover and I find very competively priced.

4. Just renewed mine today with bikesure who I've been with 2 years so far. No idea on cost as the 1199 is new , but expected it around £500 -600. Like every year for the past 4 years I tried Ducati insurance and they were loads more.

DI £792
    Bikesure £500

Everyone else was from £470 - £590 .

5. Hi Dave,

Yes they did quote me for the 1199SL. All I'll say is it's as Nick (sadly now left) quoted me back in Nov 2013.

#25 samieb, Aug 4, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2014
  6. Thanks Ducati Insurance....1199 Panigale renewed today and best price too. :upyeah:

7. Hi All,

Many thanks for all the comments, I've taken a bit of time to respond as I wanted to have a good look at our rates and compare them around the market.

As noted, we're not as sharp as we could be all the time; but it's not a quick problem to fix (I'll go into why later).

We are working on it and in the meantime if you do find discrepancies could you please call us to let us know. The more examples we get the quicker we can get a permanent solution built in ... and we may be able to refer and adjust the premium whilst we wait for the fix to be built in.

As posted, Nick has sadly left us after many great years and now works in closer proximity to his young family. We're still good friends and I'm sure you'll all be glad to know he's doing well. Liz (our office manager), is now your best contact, she's been with us for almost 15 years and as importantly also rides (I'm sure lots of you will have spoken to her already).

For those of you still reading - the whys. I'll be honest and say it's a tricky one as our Underwriters' rating engines are quiet complex. This complexity can lead to a combination of factors causing individual premiums to be too high (but not everyone's!). On a case-by-case basis these are easy to spot by a human; but hard to model, spot and filter by a computer program.

This is compounded by the market, which is cut throat with some rather unscrupulous players (mentioned with venom on this and others forums!) and a few rogue Underwriters offering unrealistic rates.

What we don't do ...

* We don't deal with rogue underwriters who are in it for a short term gain and /or are reluctant to pay out or cut corners during a claim

* We don't discount our premiums to get your business and then charge exorbitant administration charges or load renewal premiums

* We don't direct claims work into third party repairers and receive a "kick-back" for it

To finish on a more up-beat note ... many thanks for all the positive posts and support. We are in it for the long term and do want to be known for offering a premium service and not unpleasant shocks.

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. Thanks for the update DI, hopefully when my policy is up for renewal next month I'll get a great competitive quote. :upyeah::)

9. Appreciate the comments, but when i was quoted the premium i did ask if that was the best you could do as ive been quoted far cheaper, and was met with a "yes". Hence i renewed with bikesure. MCE was the cheapest by far but id rather not deal with them again as its a nightmare. However ive found bikesure to be brilliant in every dealing ive had with them. Id liek to insure with ducati at some point as they seem good to deal with too, but not willing to spend an extra £292 for the pleasure.

10. Hi d8mok,

Could you reply to me privately with a your personnel details so that I can look into this and respond. Thanks

11. Would be interested in a multi-bike policy, but Laverda isn't even listed in the drop-down menu for the on-line quote...
    :(

• Nuke Post Nuke Post x 1
  12. Hi,

Should be in there and was when I just checked; but have posted a support ticket to make sure there is a glitch in the system

13. Last post should actually read "isn't a glitch" I'm blaming my phone!

14. My mistake... Looks like it is there... Sorry about that - I'm sure I couldn't see it the first time.
    The on-line system wouldn't quote me for a multi-bike policy though - like quite a lot of other systems it doesn't like the strange combination of bikes. When I get back to UK I'll give you a call to see what you can do...

15. I haven't owned a Ducati since about 2004 but have 3 bikes with Ducati insurance on my policy at the mo and have dealt with them for over 12 years and they have always quoted me happy.Always professional and polite to me on the phone,I always honestly give them all of my upgrades and unlike others,have retained my 3rd party insurance on other owners bikes (watch out for this as many others through stealth have removed this from policies).I have had no points for a incredible amount of years and no claims since before that on bikes and with my occupation ,age , bike storage status and post code,I guess a good risk. Highly recommended from my point of view.:upyeah:

16. Cheers just got mine

#36 Richie Rich, Aug 27, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2014
  17. Thumbs up from me to,Ducati insurance,just a pleasure to deal with.quote or policy arrives within minutes of s phone conversation with a real person who has a decent IQ. All the facts are 100% correct every time. Sets the standard for others to reach IMO.

18. +1. I'm conscious that I could get cheaper quotes elsewhere but stick with DI because they're so much more polite, efficient, intelligent etc than the rest.

As an aside, I always find it a bit strange that people will pay more for a Ducati than some other bike they could buy, then stick expensive trick bits on it - presumably all along thinking, quality costs, you get what you pay for etc - then look to save £50 on insurance at the expense of going with an inferior insurer.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. Interesting commentary - anyone know if DI offer 6 month policies (comp) ideally combined with 6 months f&t running concurrently. Hope that makes sense. I can't be the only one who rides (a Ducati) for half a year but also wants to have loss insurance for the whole year.

20. What I always find bizarre about insurers is that they don't seem to take individual circumstances into account. For example because I live in London, the bike is garaged at a different postcode (despite being across the street), with CCTV on it and Almax chain. The number of insurers that refuse cover is in double figures..

Do Not Sell My Personal Information