1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ducati insurance

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by ottoatom, Aug 13, 2012.

1. Thanks guys!

I will be looking at that barclays breakdown cover and see if I can mix it with Ducati insurance, it sounds pretty interesting.

2. Oh by the way, what does "full license" really means? Can I have a full license if my license is not from the UK?

3. Just out of interest I put my details through the Ducati Insurance website to try and get a comparative quote to mine and DI were at least 50% more expensive and wanted to add a £500 voluntary excess on top of the standard excess . It wasn't competitive in the slightest. :/

4. Yes but they charge more for other licence then UK.

5. El Toro, I thought the same from what I had read but when I put in my details I got a very similar quote than the others gave me for third parties. For full comp or theft and fire I could not get a direct quote from them.

thanks lucazade.

The 696 I was going to buy is gone, so back to the S2R 800. Just would like to find a dark one. I can only find red, yellow or glossy black with the tangerine stripe. The way I see it, proper monsters have got to be dark.. Thrashy Mad Max style!

6. When I changed to the 749S last year my current underwriter would not cover it as it did not have an alarm which was great news as I was hardly high risk, so had to start a new policy. Ducati Insurance strangely came out the cheapest......

7. Once i mentioned modifications DI were by far the cheapest quote i received

8. you can cover one phone per bank account,travel insurance is ok,

9. Interesting experience of late with DI. New rider, perhaps a little exuberent with SF848, but am in 40's, locked garage, multiple security devices and no acc in last 5yrs etc etc. DI wouldn't look at me. A heated debate ensued between MD of local ducati bike-shop chain and DI boss. Still no. So, essentially if you are a new rider wanting a Ducati, it's a Monster (small one) or at least a morning's worth of calls around the country to get any form of insurance.
    I see their point re risk, but surely if the company's own Insurers can't see the bigger picture then what hope...?????

10. so.. I see what some of you mean when you say DI is expensive. For some reason my quote at DI for an s2r800 is 1000£ more expensive than for a 696 ??!! when it's almost exactly the same bike... That's odd.. I would understand better if a 749 or a street triple would get a higher quote, but from two very similar bikes..

In general I always get the best quotes from these companies: RAC, Devitt and sometimes swinton bikes. Do some of you got any experience with them? should I stay clear of them? they usualy are 400-500£ cheaper than the other ones.

11. most odd, i was paying £200 py 3 monsters a 796 an s2r1000 and an s2r800, they had some deal on 'Muscle Bikes' as they called them. get them to check again

12. I just had a chat with them and it turns out that they really have a fist bike policy.. So whichever falls into the category of "small bikes" like a monster 696 (I think they mean down the range) you get a special price. 796, s2r and so on pay a hefty lot more, for someone like me.

Oh and I asked him about the breakdown cover and they do have it, you just have to pay a litle bit more for it. Full cover (EU) is around 90£ and sounds good for what he said, just have to look at the small prints now.. And a last thing worth mentioning, the person who I was talking to knew something about bikes and sounded like an actual human being. The last calls I had from other companies felt like I was talking to a robot.

13. I was with Swinton and they pulled exactly the same thing with me, I swapped my Monster 1100 for a Streetfighter 1098 and would only issue a new policy so I dumped them for the AA (who were fine with the mods I made).

DI were always coming out at a much higher premium than others so I cant imagine that I'd be using them unless something changes there...

14. I have so far been unable to get insurance throught DI for the past 4 years ( i don't know why) a 95 750ss is not going to set the world on fire, and prob less so for a 40+ year old.
    However having read this thread i decided to have another go, being truthful on the mods, the lack of alarm and no garage it came out with 2 choices both fully comp one for £80 and the other for £110 both are much less than MCE £200 :eek:
    I think i will be using DI and getting seperate brakedown.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information