1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ducati Manchester trip to Scotland - 25th to 28th July 2014

Discussion in 'Rideouts & Events' started by El Toro, Nov 26, 2013.

1. cool. black coffee extra strong and extra large please.

2. it'll still be dark then.....

3. :Wideyed:

SDWiv.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  4. Hope you packed for snow and freezing temps on Skye this weekend.........:upyeah:

Screen Shot 2014-07-25 at 16.41.58.png

5. it will be fine.
    typical tho. to hot the now maybe not a bad thing couldn't bare putting leathers on this week.

6. Just a few pics so far whilst having a guiness with Dave and Finm!

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  7. Did Finm buy....?

8. Some more pics

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  9. Actually he has. Result! :upyeah:

10. He'll have got a receipt though... I'll be going through the company books...

First unsuspecting tourist to come through the garage next week , with a dangerously full ash tray, will be the lucky recipient of a " ooh, you need a new reflux condenser madam. Lucky I have one in stock"....

Count your bootlaces before he goes, he is mean...

Seriously, looks like excellent weather, have a good time!!

• Funny Funny x 2
  11. well there you go, it's not true what they say about the Manchurian's. totally friendly and accommodating bunch of dudes.
    big thanks to el.t for ensuring i wasn't left feeling like the proverbial spare you no what. v.cool and good craik.
    the ride down was a bit of a challenge wet roads and sore head bad combination for me. look forward to doing it again sometime.
    whoever organizes it, the kings arms on skye has 78rooms, very friendly and next to pub jam'd with girls v.nice.
    deffo no whiskey or yega bombs next time.

12. Good to meet you too Finm.

Another eventful day with one bike not wanting to start, a 1098 being random with its immobiliser, one slow puncture and one very fast puncture!

Did a lap of Skye this morning which was interesting. Roads are brilliant but the weather was hit and miss. We'd get five miles in sunshine and then five miles of it horsing down! But we had fun.

When we left Skye we headed back to Fort William for some lunch before heading back to Arrochar. Rather briskly

Tomorrow we are off home and the weather gods seem to have deemed it sunny for our ride back. Hopefully it'll be uneventful :upyeah:

• Like Like x 2
  13. did you do the dirge that is glen coe, or oban road.

14. We did Glen Coe and I have to say it wasn't a dirge at warp factor 3

• Like Like x 1

15. Did you see the scamera van...?

16. I didn't see a thing. We were doing at least 50 mph!! :eek:

17. when i was behind you guys up to the lights on the fort bill road you guys are deffo quick.
    thats the down side to knowing the roads the police can and do pop up anywhere, sure it's the same down your way too.
    thats one of the main reasons i was recommending the other routs. and there more exciting if you like to get it down. next time. :smile:

• Like Like x 1
  18. On my way home now and have stopped at Rivington services. My back is aching from the heavy rucksack! By the time I get home I think I'll have done around 1250 miles this weekend! :eek:

19. The bike will need a good wash!

image.jpg

Do Not Sell My Personal Information