1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1260 Ducati Multistrada 1260 V4 !! 190hp

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by victit, Jul 9, 2019.

1. BIKE magazine gives it a very positive review... IMG_8092.JPG IMG_8093.JPG IMG_8094.JPG IMG_8095.JPG

• Like Like x 2
  2. That's what I'm getting at weight isn't really a problem if you have the HP and decent torque on a road focused tourer, a pretend off roader needs to be light.

3. @Twin4me That 2 page glossy Ducati ad inside the cover of this months Bike mag doesn't come cheap :p

• Funny Funny x 2
  4. Just seen a photo showing Leeds Ducati have two bikes in the showroom.

• Like Like x 1
  5. no more or less boring than a multi tbh, and not as boring as a GS ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Smooth is the key word. Smooth equals boring. You can have it in 4th at 20 and it will pull all the way to the red line evenly and fast.

7. V4 Multi is now very smooth apparently, ..so that must be equally as boring by that logic?

8. probably will be compared to V2 versions. Think back, the VT was boring compared to the TS, the TS compared to the original 'raw' 2010 multi, etc etc.

My Monster isn't boring because its quite hard work, gear changes all the time etc/ But I'll happily add a s1000rr in the garage for fast boring stuff ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. More than adequate for touring though James,..this says it all....
    017207A2-1B7C-4E8B-B426-C4F783CA7CC3.jpeg

No doubt that the V4 Multi will be a great ride, but for me..it’s too expensive for what it is, and I just really struggle with the looks of the thing, gawd, talk about ugly,...if you painted it Orange it could pass for a KTM

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. So would I, I was just looking for a comparable model/spec to the versys example so the base 950 model

11. I had a 17’ SX before I got my multi. It was alright, the seat was awful (although apparently improved for the 20 model. Motors been around since the zx9r so a proven unit, v smooth and torque all through the rev range but it’s like any Japanese bike, perfectly adequate and that’s it.

really not very good 2 up, mrs hated it. Stock front tyre very unpopular amongst owners, performance model not worth the extra cost, (you have to drill out the rivets and strip the end down to remove the no removable noise baffle).

I’d owned Kawasaki’s for years, then went to MV for a while, back to Kawasaki for the SX but we parted company within a year.....literally, and went back to italian with my Multi, not sure I’d buy a Japanese bike again unless reliability was my number 1 priority.

12. I thought this was a spaghetti burning not a rice burning thread :innocent:

• Nuke Post Nuke Post x 1
  13. Had a brand new one of these delivered to my house yesterday, not mine storing it for a friend over winter.
    If you can get over its quirky front end looks its looks pretty good especially in this colour scheme.
    Only £9500.... looking forward to a ride when the weather improves. He will do all tours on this while i will be on my 1260 will see how it compares.... suzuki-gsx-s1000-f-blue-black-2019-diagonal-min.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  14. Why are we comparing sports tourers with the Multi? That’s a sports adventure bike, so completely different ergonomics.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Maybe because the sports adventure bike market is finished, unless you want a 19" front wheel and off road styling, so do we need to look elsewhere. Someone on here mentioned trying to make a V4 Streetfighter to tour on....:)

• Like Like x 1
  16. That Suzuki is so bland

17. Probably because it’s as close as Ducati have. And it’s a sports tourer up to now, not an adventure bike really

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Not like the new Multi and Monster then ?o_O

• Like Like x 1
  19. I actually like the look of that Suzuki GSX-S 1000. I just don’t think it will "two-up" as well as a Multi.
    Looking forward to Ducati launching a V4 SuperSport as their new sport touring bike to replace the outgoing Multistrada V2.
    Long live the 1260.

• Like Like x 4
  20. That Suzuki is half the price of the new Multi and still looks miles better

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information