1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1260 Ducati Multistrada 1260 V4 !! 190hp

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by victit, Jul 9, 2019.

1. Maybe Ducaaaati will do a “Touring” version of the V4 Mutley in 2022 with a 25l tank:p

• Funny Funny x 2
  2. I traded a 2012 Tuono V4 in on my Multi, similar experience; ~25mpg around town, but 40-45 if I kept moving and it did get better over time. Didn’t matter if I was going 65mph on the freeway or banging it off the limiter. There’s a long stretch of tight stuff on the 190 in CA leading into Springville (see pic) where I didn’t get out of 2nd gear for about 50 miles, still got 40+ mpg.

I don’t miss seeing the low fuel light before the trip meter showed me 3 digits around town and not long after on a tour.

32C26A8F-25A5-4640-90D9-6B73244612F2.png

#1442 Gimmethecash, Feb 4, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2021
  3. Interesting, but you can't tell that much about the acceleration test, as both riders screwed up the start and then changing into second gear....rubbish!
    The Mutli doesn't look that dis-similar to the god awful GS, but it does look better in those shots.:rolleyes:

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Loved that bike, was always worried about reliability though, camshafts were a problem apparently, the induction noise was addictive, it was a peach to ride fast!!

IMG_3256.JPG

5. My other V4 from times gone by!!

Screenshot 2021-02-04 at 17.12.11.png

6. When road riding a V4R with a Brimmed tank, I think I got about 90 Miles whilst running it in. Would only rev to just over 8K until the 1st service had been completed and switched off. So can't see an MTVS V4 getting much past 150 miles without a re-fuel.

7. ‘Twas a peach indeed! I put 20K miles on mine, had the coolant manifold swapped with a billet aluminum one when I brought it in for the recall, had the flywheel/stator replaced around 7K, and pitted cams at 12K. Never left me at the side of the road, though, and best sounding bike I’ve ever owned.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Side by side test in Bike magazine this month with a BMW GS and XR

Interesting write up and they make some good points about the use and character of each bike.

Overall winner... I won’t spoil it for you

9. Got a link ? Seems odd to compare two bikes from the same manufacturer that are aimed at different markets. Andy

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. That’s the idea I guess. Is the V4 more like a GS or more like an XR, where does it really fit?

No link I’m afraid as it’s in the printed Magazine

11. GS undoubtedly. Andy

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. One of the US video nerds i was watching earlier suggested its more like the XR.

• Like Like x 1
  13. I could take a punt, but I'd rather leave it until I've read the digital magazine version I subscribe to, when I can get back into my sodding account......:mad:

14. If it’s like the XR, I’m sure most will save the £5K and get the XR then!

15. You won’t see me on an XR ever and it’s in my will, when they organise our local motorcyclists’ funeral director, the coffin sidecar will not be attached to a BMW. Andy

• Funny Funny x 2
  16. If you spec an XR to V4 spec then there is only about £1500 difference and the Ducati isn't made in China.

• Like Like x 1
  17. I was an early doubter, but I am coming around to the idea of trying one........

• Like Like x 1
  18. :rolleyes:

Right! "China" meaning Berlin

• Like Like x 1
  19. I've got one as a courtesy bike while my bike is being serviced and MOT'd next month. I'm still not liking the looks, and I have a number of preconceptions about how I think I won't like it compared to my 1260. So I'm interested to see what I think when I see it in the flesh and actually ride it!

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information