Ducati Only Trackdays 2016

Discussion in 'Trackdays & Rider Skills' started by Desmo Dave, Feb 1, 2016.

1. There has been a posting in recent weeks about their novice days alternating car and bike sessions on the same day. £109 in April is about usual but that price will rise as the weather gets better. I'm still quite certain the cost of the Ducati day is in part due to the small numbers. Bradders is right in that there are usually more riders in each group and people like Focussed and No Limits tend to run 4 groups so twice as many riders. I am sure some of the extra is the perception that it is a premium day. Andy

2. Personally I'd rather may £30 more and have less bikes on track at Brands, the Indy circuit is so small and you can get some doing more than 1'10 and others below 1 min in the same inters group, 20 min session gets very bunched up

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Last time we went to Brands for the BSB, in the KTM 370 support race the 13 year olds were consistently lapping at about 56 seconds - little bastards ! Andy

4. Donny booked :)

• Like Like x 2
  5. Anyone reckon the Ducati WSBK rider will beat Donny for the DUK Track Day seeing as the Donny Gp is the over that bank holiday weekend?

6. Bazz,
    If past events are anything to go by the WSBK team will be there :thumbsup:

7. Wicked! See if i can get a tow of chaz :tearsofjoy:

8. Unlikely you will find them on track

9. Only advanced places left for Donnington. Anyone booked novice or inter who cant make date.
    Please pm me.

10. I've just emailed Wendy about getting a slot at the silverstone day
    I've asked for Novice/inters as don't fancy going round the track with a bunch of racers and track bikes, and I'll be on my road 899 too, and riding there and back as it's only 90mins ride for me

• Like Like x 1
  11. Donny booked as well. Really looking forward to it. Those of you riding road bikes on the track - will you opt for track insurance or take your chances? I'm unsure as to what to do.

12. ;)Don't crash is the best bet. There are ways round it if your on a road bike and the worst happens.

13. May well be bookimng donny now...but not sure fast group and multi best idea if it dry

14. Collect in van, drive drown empty road, open back doors and accelerate hard. Whoops [emoji6]

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Don't crash - noted!

• Like Like x 1
  16. Couple of us looking to go over from IE to Silverstone, few places available.

My issue is work, weekdays are next to impossible sometimes :(

But gonna make the effort, it would be a hoot !! ;)

17. What do you reckon to my rear tyre? Had new tyres fitted before the Silverstone track day last year and developed a bit of a cold tear on the rear, maybe due to no tyre warmers or possibly pressures. The tear ran all the way around the tyre but seems to have scrubbed away mostly now, do you guys think the tyre will be alright for another track day or should i get a newun?

tyre 1.jpg tyre 2.jpg

18. if that was mine it would be ok, depends how you ride really, ive seen alot worse on track.

19. Well i've got some tyre warmers now so if the tear was down to hot and cold cycles i might be alright if i keep em toasty.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Pressures and suspension could be at fault. Think softer rear spring or less compression? Warmers will help and if you haven't used before remember to set HOT and they need to be on for more than 45 min

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information