Ducati Panigale Track Noise Levels Thread

Discussion in 'Trackdays & Rider Skills' started by Monners, Jun 15, 2016.

1. Hi. Yes, that was me. Good to meet you. :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  2. I was also shocked I didn’t get black flagged... wind must have been blowing the right way when I went past the meter

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Hi All,

Any recent experience of 899 Panigale fitted with termi end cans passing noise tests at Silverstone Ducati day. I have the baffles fitted and also have the std cans I can fit but would rather not swap them if I can get away with it.

I am going on the Ducati day next week so looking for guidance, previous posts suggest it is fine but I noticed last year was 105 drive by and this year it’s 102.

4. 2020 V4 with SPF performance 3/4 system and the long carbon can fitted passed noise test with no issues at Snetterton on Saturday. The noise guy called mine at ‘100db’ (Revving @ 5k revs) and the bloke in front of the bike wrote ‘Passed 96’ on the sticker . Saw another V4 on track with Akra’s can’s fitted and don’t believe he had any issues.

There was a guy on an 899, well, I think it was an 899 (who happened to be an ex-para who new the guy I was with - Also an ex-para… Small world!) Who managed to repair a hole in his race exhaust, using a can of red bull (no joke) and was cuffing around all day, happy as!!

• Like Like x 3
  5. You'll be fine mate, you'll only get tested if you trip the drive by unless you request a test, leave the baffles in to be sure and whip them out if everyone is running without them but Ducatis\Twins seem to be a fair bit quieter than an il4 when on the move..

• Like Like x 1
  6. I ran my underbelly Akra equipped 959 at Silverstone without baffles. No problem.

7. Thanks all.

8. I have a Silverstone track day in July as I missed the Ducati day in June which I normally go on. My question is, are the noise testers more more forgiving on a Ducati day, I have a 899 with termis running baffles. If on a normal Silverstone day I’m more likely to get tugged should I take my street triple just to be sure of not wasting my one track day this year?..

9. Pani will be fine at Silverstone. Very relaxed.

10. Ok, thanks, Ducati it is then..

11. There was a guy and his partner on a V4R at Almeria. That thing sounded the nuts. Fair play to them ragging it too. Best sounding bike at the event. Sounded awesome. Loud as fuck.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Brands Hatch GP yesterday, 1299 with stock cans, 102db static, allowed on, no rideby warning. Although, my first time there, red flags throughout morning sessions, riding at upper inters pace

13. No noise testing at Donners last month on the Ducati day. Was fine on my 899, Termi's with baffles in.

14. Err, a guy and his chick? Or shit stabbers? Nowt against poo denters, just curious...

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. It is okay to be curious about having sex with a guy. I’m not homophobic.
    In the instance mentioned, it was a young lady.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  16. my Panigale V4 has a Full Akra which is 108dB static, buy I had Mark at MHP make an extension underseat system which takes it down to 101dB and passed Brands GP

17. Wondered if anyone has any v2 static noise test readings recently and could then compare to Donington drive by on a quiet day. I have a friend on a triumph 765 that reads 104-105 at cadwell static and is ok at Donington. Mine reads similar so assuming will be ok at Donington.

18. You will be lucky not to be black flagged on a v2 Pani with non standard cans on a Donny quiet day.
    I had a 959 track bike with Akras and pipewerx closed end baffles. Black flagged and end of my day. My v2 had standard exhaust for that very reason. They have become even stricter since last year.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Where is the noise meter at Donington, I’m on quiet day soon with 1299s and Termi D170 with baffles- may have to roll off the throttle when driving past meter otherwise share mates bike?

20. On a recent day, my 959 was apparently close. I kept the twin shotgun but put the akra titanium on over the standard due to it being known Pani's may be over so bit of an exception at moment.

However, heard some grumbles and rumours only at moment, but anything non standard wont get that exception much longer. Think longer term people are going to have to adjust there mindset - UK trackdays will possibly end up being standard cans only for bikes under a certain age in few years at the rate were going

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information