1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 DVT Ducati Sat Nav

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Jack%, Jan 26, 2017.

1. 2 reasons, I do not have a phone contract that includes data and the phone I have is not waterproof. Andy

2. And I don't think an iPhone 6s is motorcycle glove friendly :)

3. Ultimateaddons do a decent case to manage water and navihaultet to mount it. you don't need a contract, just offline nav like copilot will do the trick.

4. I have the same phone also but for riding around Europe the iPhone is just not good enough, try changing route or search for petrol stations on the move with a gloved hand. Screen too small, not good in bright sunlight, not waterproof, found it takes too long sometimes to locate satellites at times when really needed, foreign data charges & route planning over a few beers in the bar later, logging of routes, searching for good route plans in the local area wherever you are in Europe, etc, etc...

5. Yep true but a bit of conductive thread sewn into your glove sorts that out.

6. Ok, so I just need a seamstress & "holy "gloves. I'll stick with the sat nav thanks :tearsofjoy:

7. I went round my mums house and she sewn a few strands in before I could make a cup of tea. Surely it's worth the price of a sat nav. Have to say though the mutters at copilot still don't allow route sharing, but there are others like scenic that do.

8. She may have the beginnings of a cottage industry there mate!

• Funny Funny x 2
  9. Well I have an iphone 7 plus and a gloves of 50 euros that already possess two of the tactile fingers without having to do anything and the programs HERE we go and google maps I have downloaded the maps that I have nected totally free to work offline Without data, in fact when I leave Spain I only take it in airplane mode without the sim card because I do not have roaming, and without any problem to work with them, I have traveled Italy and France as well as all Spain and I have failed coverage, The iphone 7 plus has 5.5 inches that is more than any browser, and is ipx6 water resistant, and for a higher priteccion buy this ,;

For iPhone 7 6s Cases Protect Transparent TPU Silicone Flexible Soft full Body Protective Clear Case Cover for 6 7 Plus 5 5s 5SE-in Phone Bags & Cases from Phones & Telecommunications on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group 2114.13010608.0.0.WlBLWc

For 1.28 euros makes its function perfectly Captura de pantalla 2017-02-11 a las 14.05.30.png

• Like Like x 1
  10. Used phones in past. Nothing beats a proper sat nav. :)

• Agree Agree x 1

11. I wouldn't disagree with you bradders, but let's face it the Ducati one is what £700 or thereabouts, I am not going to spend that much. It makes sense to me to use a smart phone for minimal additional outlay.

12. Which is why I spent £250 on a Garmin bike one without the Ducati badge ;)

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information