1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ducati Superbike Gallery

Discussion in '848 / 1098 / 1198' started by Rob, Mar 3, 2012.

Tags:
  1. Could it be done with vinyl decals? I suspect Anth would be the person to ask that (or any number of other people on here who are better informed than me - not difficult).

2. I got a quote for vinyl-wrapping the tank in red, but it was approaching £200 which made me like the black a whole lot more... :cool:

Like the stripe idea though, and I could maybe do that myself with a bit of advice from you guys on here?

Cheers,
    Dom

3. White number board for me Dom, but I couldn't say why.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Right here it is, I collected it friday. Some of you may have seen my bip in the for sale section. I traded it in against this.

2004 #564. It's pretty standard. I am not sure about the rearsets, they are black but I don't know if they are OEM or have been anodised by a previous owner. I'm sure someone will be along shortly to let me know.

It has Samco hoses, renthal grips. I think it has an aftermarket throttle tube on it. A polished side stand and Oberon fluid covers. Chain and sprockets. I have put the carbon clutch cover on it.

I have never owned a bike with a slipper clutch so I'm still not sure about that. I'm sure I'll work it out once I get to ride it properly.

If anyone knows this bike or has owned it then I'd be interested to know about it. Drop me a PM if you want.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

there are more images on my tumblr too, that's mostly my blog for my racing but anything bike goes on there really.

linky Scrawn #17

• Like Like x 4
  5. Now there's an idea. Move the furniture to the garage and the bike to the house.......

Nice bike BTW.

6. Cheers Dave, I'm leaning that direction myself. I might just be a cheapskate and leave the tape on rather than get them painted - these are supposed to be my track-day fairings, so I'm trying not to get to precious about them.

Your 749r looks stunning - bet you can't wait to get acquainted with it... Be interested to see how it compares to the Bip.

7. NICE

NOT nice. Reminds me of a Benelli.

• Like Like x 1
  8. There's a good reason for that... :upyeah:

[​IMG]

9. That's definitely a no then! Me no likey Benellis.

Looking at the side profile shot, the black tank sort of breaks up the bike in two... it might look better with some colour joining the fairing and the rear unit?

• Like Like x 1
  10. No worries. I'll not mention the B-word again :wink:

I see what you're saying - I had planned for the tank to be red, but don't want to paint the original and with the frame tubes being black I actually quite like the mid-section as it is. The extra black on the nose fairing was partly an attempt to tie it all together, though actually I'm not sure it adds anything. Thanks for the input though - when you've been staring at the thing for so long it's hard to be objective about it after a while...!

cheers,
    Dom

11. so i've finally got around to getting some better pics of the bike, i've hardly had a chance to get out on her the weather has been cr@p to say the least ! hope you like them ! :D P1030656.jpg P1030660.jpg P1030657.jpg P1030659.jpg

P1030656.jpg

P1030660.jpg

P1030657.jpg

P1030659.jpg

• Like Like x 2
    • Like Like x 2
  12. thanks mate, like the termi's the tank pad was already on, someone had good taste and too much money :cool:

13. I put a Ducati Performance pad on a few months back and that already started coming off on the sides. I did everything right, cleaned the area, heated the area, heated the pad. Im back on the hunt for another one now :smile: Your 848 is still very pretty thou :upyeah:

14. Lurverly day here, just back from a melting ride. 26deg C Phew hot in leathers.

dsc01421iu.jpg

dsc01416x.jpg

dsc01419f.jpg

dsc01421iu.jpg

dsc01416x.jpg

dsc01419f.jpg

• Like Like x 7
  15. Eyeore, that looks wonderful, where is it?

16. Beautiful west Clare, on the Loop head penninsula. Some great bikeing roads around here:upyeah:

17. Certainly looks like it, hmm now I wonder how much the ferry over there would cost me!

18. IMG_0020.jpg 998 on it.jpg My Ducati

IMG_0020.jpg

998 on it.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  19. OK so not sure whether here or Monster gallery. Sadly had to sell them both when I moved from the USA to Spain this year.

AS Bikes.jpg

AS Bikes.jpg

• Like Like x 6
Do Not Sell My Personal Information