1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ducati Superbike Gallery

Discussion in '848 / 1098 / 1198' started by Rob, Mar 3, 2012.

Tags:
  1. My 748 Frankie Chilli rep :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 12
  2. that paint is just so nice, transforms the look 0f the 999, great job

• Like Like x 3
  3. The one without the black imo , just looks cleaner somehow.

4. Cheers folks. For the record I eventually decided on the first option and got rid of the insulating tape... :tongue:

Here's another pic, back when it was sunny!

[​IMG]

Cheers,
    Dom

• Like Like x 6
  5. Dom, good choice going for the all white option, far better. Funny, the 999 looks really good in those colours. I think its the raised part of the side panels being in black that breaks up the look for me, makes it look a lot more streamline. When its all red just looks too much.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Unridden 1997 photo copy 4.jpg photo.jpg 916 SPS

photo copy 4.jpg

photo.jpg

7. but with 90,000 miles showing in the speedo :biggrin:

• Like Like x 3
  8. lolololololol:upyeah:

9. 916 sps

yep a clear case for inverting the speedo ...drastic mileage reduction at no cost

• Like Like x 2
  10. Cheers Beefy. I agree with you about the red. The 999 has some really nice lines - like the trailing edge of the winglet which is mirrored in the shape of the side panels. And the way the front fairing curves down towards the front wheel. Perhaps I've been staring at the bl**dy thing for too long?!? :wink:

For some reason these lines don't show up as well in the single-colour paint-schemes (though they still look damn good - eg: Koen's classy 999R :upyeah:). I think the black winglets, tank, mirrors and highlights on the front-fairing help to break it up a bit and draw your eye in to some of the detail elements.

My only trouble is that this started off as a cheap set of chinese fairings which I bunged on in order to do some track time this year. Now I like it so much I'm more precious about it than when it was wearing the original Nero panels! Maybe I should get ANOTHER set...? :biggrin:

cheers,
    Dom

11. A few from tonight. My friend's freshly built/painted 749 and my 998. Enjoy!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 8
  12. Just looked through the whole thread, some beautiful bikes on here !
    Seems to be a few 999's are on here, at least there's some love for the ugly ones :upyeah:.
    Anyway here's mine, it has got a connection to your side of the world, the bloke I bought
    it from brought it with him when he immigrated to OZ (Queensland) and it now resides in
    Perth, with me :smile:.

[​IMG]

#413 duc13, Jan 27, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2013
    • Like Like x 4
  13. my 2 old school superbikes.
    both from '94

henk!!!

1271753513NDSC01564.JPG

• Like Like x 5
  14. The 999 would be the bike i'd like to run on track, but that could be a few years off yet. I think they're highly underrated :upyeah:

15. Hey Cali , what forks and brakes have you on the 998? Looks great.

16. They look like Ohlins fg511 forks and Brembo m4's from a distance...

• Like Like x 1
  17. Geek...:biggrin:

18. As fitted to what originally Anth?

19. Thanks :wink:

1098s/1198s etc. for the forks and 1098s/1198s or 848 evo etc. for the calipers

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information