1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ducati Superbike Gallery

Discussion in '848 / 1098 / 1198' started by Rob, Mar 3, 2012.

Tags:
  1. I'd like to say "i built it" but i didn't.... One of the chaps from JHP built it for the original owner.

The conversion is an absolute nightmare though... rear cylinder manifold clouts the shock so that required manufacturing, the tank has had a new base fabricated to accommodate the 1098's airbox, airtubes are also a hybrid of 999 and 1098 items. I think? its a 999 loom as she still has the original dash but of course uses the 1098 ecu albeit a nemesis item, in fairness I've not really got to grips with it yet but when it comes time for a strip down i'll know ALL her secrets.

I'ts great learning about the thing though!

2. That is one clean bike, put my efforts to shame, best get cleaning again. :wink:

• Like Like x 1

3. I've only just started ;-)

4. :upyeah: now that's a conversion!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Here is my Bostrom Rep, No 159.
    bild (2).jpg

And another one after the putting the original fairing in bubbel plastic..
    bild (1).jpg

bild (2).jpg

bild (1).jpg

#585 DanTheSwede, May 13, 2013
    Last edited: May 13, 2013
    • Like Like x 4
  6. Beautiful!

7. ah, that's where the tax disc goes! Nice bike:biggrin:

8. how do you insure it???????????

9. dead straight forward to be fair

10. just behind the gaffa tape....lol

11. Hi I'm new, there's some gorgeous stuff on here. Here's my 996SPS, currently in for a belt service and MOT. Provided there are no expensive surprises she'll be getting a Sigma and a radial master cylinder as well.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 17
  12. normally i don't really like a black 916 but the pre season/test bike look is nice.
    nice looking bike.

henk!!!

13. That is beautiful!

• Like Like x 1
  14. Nice looking SPS :upyeah:

Got any more pictures of that uber-rare Yam R7 behind it?? I've never seen one of those in the flesh... :eek:

cheers,
    Dom

15. Thanks for the comments guys. The pre-season look is just what I was after, but if I could get some natural finish gold Marchis I'd have a red '94 Foggy rep.
    [​IMG]

The R7 is my old mans, he's had it about 10 years and it came with 147bhp at the back wheel, not bad for a 14 year old 750! It's the original engine with the second stage race kit plus a titanium Promotive full system. I've done a few track sessions on it, lovely and firm feeling chassis but weird and wide after a Duc, sounds (and goes) amazing at full chat but too loud for a lot of places so it mostly wears a baffled carbon can now. My dad is nearing 60, has ingrained mechanical sympathy from racing two strokes and doesn't have a spare crank, so although he regularly rides it on track he doesn't howl it past 15,000rpm everywhere and he's had no mechanical bother with it at all.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 8
  16. What a cracking pair of bikes!

Awesome stuff!

17. Few pics from a run out yesterday.

20130519_161142.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  18. More.....

20130519_162424.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  19. One more...