1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ducati UK Trackday at Brands

Discussion in 'Trackdays & Rider Skills' started by Mr C, Jun 21, 2013.

1. I would rather like to have been at Brands today, but couldn't go because (a) not well enough and (b) carpet fitters coming. Given what the weather looks like, may be just as well.

2. I didn't want to go to brands today because a) I've had enough of focused events and ducati exploiting the owners and overcharging for not a lot more and b) I had to work!

• Like Like x 1
  3. On the other hand DUK are trying to do something, and they cant be held responsible for the weather .........or their shoit timing!

• Like Like x 1
  4. A total washout

• Like Like x 1
  5. Well, personally I had a great day :upyeah:
    First session on slicks then on with the wets for the rest of the day.
    I have never used wets before and I can tell you now that if you can, GET a set, and some good waterproofs.
    Did all sessions except for the last and can say that there were NO RED FLAGS ALL DAY, a few run off`s by some but that was it.
    Any trackday in the UK any time of year can be dodgy weather, I think that Ducati UK should look at suggesting a reasonably priced foreign trip as you are almost sure to have good weather.
    Thanks FE and Ducati UK

6. Sounds like a great idea...brilliant arent they Dave ;-)

• Like Like x 1
  7. I cannot believe how much grip you get :redface:
    20130909_212413.jpg
    20130909_212401.jpg
    Got the GPS DDA kit working as well

20130909_212413.jpg

20130909_212401.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  8. No idea what it all means but looks factory trick ;-)

9. Glad you had a good day on the wets Dave. Frankly, after four other wet track days this year in the UK, I couldn't be bothered doing it all again so headed home to get some work done.

The organisation was a shambles though. Ducati didn't anywhere near sell out the day, so they opened it up to everyone. Less than a third of the paddock were Ducati. Noise testing queue was so long I had missed my first session anyway, and some days, you just don't feel like sliding around in the rain.

The first session I missed was a wet track on slicks affair which is the worst for grip, it must have been better on full wets later.

As you say, no-one can blame Ducati or FE for the weather, but am getting tired of UK trackday weather!

10. So any pics anyone?

11. BH RAP TRACK 1.jpg BH RAP TRACK 3.jpg BH RAP TRACK 4.jpg BH RAP TRACK 6.jpg

well, wash out indeed and first track ride in the wet for 17 years... Fast group wasn't quit fast... :)
    As we were expeting some water, brought the 999 and she saved the day, keeping ip with the Pani and 1198R quit nicely...

sorry i didn't get to see you guys as now it seems there were quit some...
    nince meeting Maccbrown... :)

BH RAP TRACK 1.jpg

BH RAP TRACK 3.jpg

BH RAP TRACK 4.jpg

BH RAP TRACK 6.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  12. After speaking with a few of the MSV and Ducati people, they were pleased to say that not one single Panigale failed the drive by test, which is good news :)

• Like Like x 1
  13. Was that the GP or Indy circuit?

If GP, did they do a static test?

Baffles me how static limit can be different for GP vs Indy, yet drive by us the same. Unless I misunderstand something.

Ian

14. It was the gp circuit. I was having a nice talk with an MSV representative and Tim Macabee regarding the noise test. The point of the static is to eliminate any bikes that would clearly struggle with the ride by, which is the one that really matters. It's my understanding thou that the critical sound limit, ie the drive by, is measured at the same level on the gp and Indy circuits

15. Bolt f-ing upright indeed
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Do Not Sell My Personal Information