1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dunlop Roadsmart 4

Discussion in 'Tyres' started by Mattie821, Feb 29, 2024.

1. That was an interesting and useful addition to the thread.

Thanks

• Like Like x 1
  2. I’m with @comfysofa
    Learning how to fit my own tyres, first with track bike wheels. If I can get a Dunlop GP211 front off I should be fine with anything else. It is satisfying doing more for myself.

IMG_4924.jpeg

IMG_4923.jpeg

image.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  3. Do you need the Abba stand to be able to use their bead breaker, or is it stand alone?

4. It's stand alone.. I mount mine in a vice.

#24 The Royal Maharaja, Mar 2, 2024
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2024
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. I use my vice as the bead breaker, it’s a large engineering vice and I can squeeze a 190 section tyre in it .

• Useful Useful x 1
  6. Not sure what the stand is...thats all i use!

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. I’ve been looking at one of these before my next change.
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08ZYVXSK2

Lots of YouTube videos of this and similar make the process look pretty straightforward. Or is that overkill?

• Like Like x 2
  8. That looks good to me!

9. Looks like you could play a tune on it..... Is it just a bead breaker?

10. Bead breaker and removes tyre from rim

11. Similar to my set up but mounted mine to a pedestal and bolted it to garage floor, much easier to use if rigidly fixed at a useable height. Unbolt it and store in the corner when not in use. 20220305_121952.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  12. Bought a few of those things that he clamps into the opposite side of the tyre - that'll save my knees a little bit!! - never seen those before...so that was good information...i wont get one of those things above as ive already got my kit but, that being said...if youve got tyre soap and wd40 ive not had an issue levering tyres off...if anything the more ive done it the easier it is....once the "knack" has been aquired..!

13. Which did you get? Got a link?

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  14. That is a good deal - thanks

Had mine for about 500 miles now and they are fine. They have done their fair share of wet roads and now seeing some warm dry road conditions on them. They tip in just right and I can take my hands off the bars. They have done motorway speeds just fine.

Military Road - Isle of Wight a couple of weeks ago.

upload_2024-4-7_20-27-30.png

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information