1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dunlop SportSmarts

Discussion in 'Tyres' started by Fire_2, Mar 16, 2012.

1. Love them, got them on the R1, bags of grip even in very wet conditions. Onto my second rear now.

2. Suspect it could be the front brake usage. I rarely use the rear brake and they have done 3 track days. They have done well. I might change back to pirellis but you can't beat these for all year round riding.

Matt

3. yes, could well be brake use. It's on my 950SM. There's a stretch of road with lights at one end and a speed camera at the other. I like to get up to 'a certain speed' before checking my speed before the safety camera. I've been know to use a little brake going into the camera zone.

4. Sorry to drag up an old thread, I have just booked my bike in for a set of Sportsmart 2's and so I googled 'Ducati 848 Sportsmart' to see what Ducati owners had to say. I have done 2700 miles on my rear supercorsa and it's wrecked but so is my front one, it's stepped badly and down to the wear bar.

I asked Moto-rapido if it was my issue when I was there and they say that it's pretty common and that Ducati's abuse the front tyre quite a bit with the standard set up. I must admit the same thing happened on my Triumph Daytona also so I am starting to just think that fronts need replacing nearly as often as rears it seems! I am hoping for nearer 5k miles from the rear Sportsmart 2, lets see.

5. Most people seem to really rate them but tried them on my CBR and did not like them. Not any obvious problem with grip or wear just did not give me confidence. I think it is down to the profile rather than the compound and whether this suits your riding style - similar to how bad a squared off tyre can feel.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information