1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 DVT Dyno Comparison - Standard V Termi Exhaust

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by tobers, Oct 6, 2015.

1. Tobers, yes that does help. All this talk of up map etc. Is confusing if your not really sure what it's all about. So yes, as I now understand it the termi will improve the mid range performance in reality tho not necessarily on the dyne test. And the dealer would sort the "up map" side of things.

I suppose the consideration is the cost which is not insignificant.

The DVT engine is difficult to sort in terms of having benefit from a power commander upgrade for example?

2. Maybe Iain at www.palmerproducts.co.uk will do an exhaust hanger for the DVT's..? They do a good one for the earlier models :upyeah:

3. My mate had is pani mapped @hilltop (earl shilton - near Malory park) with great results, I've also had several bikes done by geoff and always been happy with the results, I'm going to have a chat about my multi.

[​IMG]
    The rear peg doesn't bother me on looks, if it had a single seat then yeah I'd remove the pegs but I sometimes think they look odd having both seats and no pillion pegs .

4. Tobers, have you had a chance to try the "arse dyno" with the baffle out yet? I ask because I had my full termi installed about three weeks ago and felt that the mid range flat spot was totally elliminated, however (and this may sound stupid) Ive been riding around the whole time with the baffle out and didnt realise it :Asshat: Wasnt until this morning when I opened the box containing the original exhaust that I found the baffle and single bolt. No wonder the technician at the dealers said "its very loud" when he handed the keys over. Soooo....I put the baffle in this morning and on the first ride the "arse dyno" was telling me that the flat spot was back but not as bad as the standard exhaust and not as good as no baffle.

• Like Like x 1
  5. I haven't tried the arse dyno with the baffle out yet. I don't like to be too noisy and I quite like the Termi sound with the baffle in, quiet when cruising about, a bit nasty when opened up. I'll have to give it a go. Will report back....

6. Havent tried the DVT with the baffle, but with the first gen power is unaffected until 6k and then gets a bit lower from there on with a 4hp drop at top end. You need to try each setup to be sure, but chances are slim its different with the DVT.
    2v ducs and motocrossers are different with a baffle in as they lose bottom end while the top end remains the same, so you never know.

7. From Tobers original Dyno test there also seemed to be a marked difference with baffle in v baffle out? I realise there is also fair amount of scepticism about those results in this thread.

8. What post #? Havent followed all posts.

9. Post #1!

10. Is that the first...:D
    Edit: pic is at yahoo and requires a login, I dont have that, so I cant see the details. Not sure how anyone can say anything without the graph blown up?
    So Id like to see it and toss my two cents if you like a second opinion.

#150 TomTom, Oct 14, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2015
  11. Ah - that's odd. Try download the excel spreadsheet that's linked to on the 1st post.

Edit: hopefully I fixed the pic viewing thing on Flickr so you should be able to see it larger now.

12. Well if that is the impact on torque I'm having that!!

13. Maybe Ducati can - but probably there is something that is related to either emission, economy, noise that means they have done certain things that cause the current mapping issues.

I would suggest we all wait to see the results of this Rexxer Map on a few real bikes and other Dyno's to see if its repeatable.

14. That map looks almost too good to be true.

15. I think a "wait & see" approach will work well for that Rexxer thing. I'm not sure I'd want to mess with my ECU in a non-approved way while still under warranty. I'll bravely let a few other people try it out first.

However, I did have my Yamaha Super Tenere ECU remapped by a firm in Germany and it made a huge difference, as that bike was artificially restricted in gears 1, 2 and 3. The remap transformed it completely. the bike was out of warranty though.

16. Was that rexxer map based on a US model? which we think has different mapping to UK Versions

17. Rexxer use euro spec bikes at their base in Germany. The DVT has took some cracking as it uses a new Bosch ECU. Now they've gotten in there, it shouldn't be too long before the map becomes available.

18. Is it like a Pc5 or is it written to the original ECU?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information