1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dyno Time.

Discussion in 'Hypermotard' started by comfysofa, Mar 7, 2014.

1. Well actually what I 'Want' and I'm not sure it's achievable, is to leave the stock ECU in there (or buy a spare one as they seem cheap) and buy some Akrapovic Slip on's, and get him to reprogramme the bike that way, in the hope that it's a cheaper solution than Termignoni's and I think they are better built. From the searches I have done I am not sure whether that is possible or not.

2. Yeah - not sure you can do that as I think the key, locks and ecu are all bound together, having said that if the ecu can be reprogrammed then im not sure why you couldn't. he can do what is called a generic "flash map" which is a performance mapping but a generic one, but, he said, its ok, better than stock but not brilliant.

3. Ah good to know, but the Termignoni ECU that comes with the kit is just a plug swap so my feeling is that it must be a separate fueling module and not the whole ECU, anyway, I will ring him and have a chat to him when I have paid off my Holiday!

4. It does other stuff as well, ie he changed the display on mine to read "CJS Racing" and extended the rev range and also the o2 sensors so it does other stuff as well....

Cant wait to be able to afford to get my RSV4 to him....he reckons he'll need that for 2 full days....which isn't too much of a problem as I can do without that so he can keep it as long as he needs to...

5. I'm talking software update not a choice thing, dealers will often add an update at service time

6. Never known that....when I asked at fowlers they said they didn't unless I specifically asked.....and then it would cost....but even then when I asked if they could they were reluctant to the point of not wanting to so I had to go to Gloucester to get it done.

7. Any idea how much chris charges for a generic flash? Maybe enough for me I've only got a baby 796 so never going get loads of power.

8. 150 from recollection. That will make your ecu the same as a ducati performance one plus he'll mark off the flapper valve as well. Not sure about the o2 sensors though...

9. Mine went in for a speed sensor and at the same time had a flash for latest software. No idea if it affects the part of the edu which is mapped or not.

10. That I can't say but if you text Chris....I've texted him in the evening....you should get a reply....tbh I'm guessing that if you want a generic reflash then if you're not close you could mail it in....ask him.

11. Not having mine done, just participating in the thread, as i did have my 848 done and specifically said when serviced 'update nothing!' Just in case

12. Ah OK...sorry. Was directed at Isaac....I know I've talked about a lot but being there was a bit of an education so I just wanted to share a. What I saw b. What I was told c. What I learnt.

Sorry lads...I do go on a bit....

13. Makes a huge difference, I know from mine

14. I'd love to get a custom tune so I'd know it's right once and for all but if I can get it decent enough for less than a third of the price I'll prob do that. Get a custom tune when I progress to a Big bike :-D

Do Not Sell My Personal Information