1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Easter Weekend - Anyone Up For Anything?

Discussion in 'Rideouts & Events' started by bradders, Apr 11, 2017.

1. What was the wheelie school like, curious to know? (for a friend, who can't wheelie ;) )

2. Really good for getting a feel for having the front wheel up. They set a target cone at the beginning of the day (maybe only 30m or so) that at the start of the day you think it will be impossible to reach, but eventually you do. Nice safe environment to learn from guys that really can wheelie very well (you get a mini stunt show at lunch!), with my only criticism being that I think the cutout switches were set a bit too low for really extended wheelies. Great fun though, and definitely less scared about the wheel coming up than I was (which was my aim). P4157139.JPG

• Like Like x 3
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. I meant to say yesterday.... that Multi isn't too sluggish at all. Some decent pace hiding inside that touring exterior.

• Like Like x 1
  4. It manages ok ;)

5. Well after you two scooted off I found the blade a bit slow in catching you, which felt odd as it should have easily caught up with the multi.
    After getting home I thought it should be looked at given it really needs a bit of TLC after nearing 40'000 miles.
    Well I think I found the problem, one of my intake flap valves which control the flow of air to the air box has rusted solid shut, so effectively only one tube is feeding the air box, the other should open at 5000 rpm to feed in more air but it wasn't.
    Still it gives me time to do a coolant flush and valve check and I also noticed a couple of coolant pipes which have started to split which could fracture any time.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Is not the same as the 04-06 blade? If so, just blank the tube off with a self-tapper and it stays open, better sound and no more problems :upyeah:

Anything can keep up with the old Multi ;)

7. Well, I topped my weekend off with a good ride with @Mac who kindly showed me the way around some lovely parts of Wales, all within easy reach, including the 22 miles or so from Crossgates to Newtown (?). Started dry, then wet on the way back, but nothing wrong with PR4s :upyeah: that meant we could still keep a nice pace :)

Now checking what I'm up to next weekend.... ;)

• Like Like x 1
  8. Well given that my parts list has grown now ,new throttle cables, cracked front disc,leaking radiator. I hope to be mobile soon.

9. That's a nice run :upyeah:

10. Cracked front disc?! :flushed:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information