1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 Ebay Bargain

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Dougie durrand, May 22, 2023.

1. No darker colour. What I did find was a drop of what looked like fresh engine oil on top of the vertical plug

2. Double check the exhaust valve, it usually causes poor running if it’s sticking

3. Something else to check is coolant leaking into the cylinders. Take a look at the coolant level and if there is steam coming out of the exhaust on start up. There was an issue on earlier bikes due to the coolant used. Also if the engine is really running rough, each cylinder has a MAP (mass air pressure sensor) that can go bad. I had this on my MTS1200. The front cylinder sensor is behind the left hand side front panel. The vertical is under the seat and is a bit tricky to get to.

4. @Twin4me thanks but it’s got full termi decat system. I do wonder if it’s mapping/ fuelling

• Like Like x 1
  5. I have a 2010 S for the track with 15F/43R and a 2012 S with 14F/40R for the road. What speed/gear/revs are you experiencing the issue at ? Andy

6. @Android853sp it’s most noticeable at constant throttle around town, it was running really badly but great under load or up at higher speeds. I have put the baffle back in the termi can this morning and it’s definitely made a difference so I will need to look into getting a map to suit I think

7. I have custom maps on both my Multistradas and neither are any happier in 3rd gear below 3000rpm which makes 30mph a 2nd gear speed. The one thing this generation of Multistrada does not lack, is get up and go above 5000rpm up to the limiter around 10,000rpm. My track bike is immense fun to ride. Andy

Do Not Sell My Personal Information