1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For Sale Ebay Bikes

Discussion in 'Ducati Bikes For Sale' started by Rob, Jun 13, 2014.

1. Thought the same.

2. #21862 Zeus, May 24, 2024
    Last edited: May 24, 2024
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  3. [​IMG]

^ worth checking for on above bike.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  4. That looks like Darth Vader's voice box. What the heck is that?

5. it's an ankle tag

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  6. ^ yes, mind you it would be hard to make a standard CX500 look much worse;)

• Funny Funny x 2
  7. Nicknamed the" pork chop"

Because honda designed the paint to look like a pork chop on the tank. Horrible things.....

8. I agree, horrible in every respect. It is however an interesting part of Honda’s engineering journey. A relatively complex engine for the time, it was launched with a horrible design defect that was killing them almost as soon as they were out of the showroom, Honda dug in, redesigned the cam timing gear and “made it right”, on the production line and to owners bikes, at great cost, rebuilding the reputation of the company and the model, which went on to become the DR bike of choice for many years and boringly reliable with some reputedly clocking up over 320,000 miles on original engines.
    They had a relapse with the VF750 s and f, failing to sort owners bikes that time (the issues were too fundamental), but redesigned for the next gen (VFR) to combine complexity with enviable reliability.

• Like Like x 1
  9. #21873 Roadtrip, May 27, 2024
    Last edited: May 28, 2024
    • Like Like x 2
  10. ^good spot, remember reading back then the "e" was best avoided but I can't recall why, probably a prejudiced / misinformed journo.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Gave me a migraine looking at it, not for me!

• Like Like x 1
  12. ^the skill of knowing when to stop is lacking.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information