1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For Sale Ebay Bikes

Discussion in 'Ducati Bikes For Sale' started by Rob, Jun 13, 2014.

1. You got Sheffielded.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. You will know next time - Ebay is not a friendly society :worried: but I know what you mean, it's happened to be once or twice - but now if there is something I want and I know what I'll pay - I buy it before anyone else does (well, not anymore as I have stopped buying bikes :innocent:)

3. :eyes:

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  4. I have started a small collection of Ducatis, currently numbering six with about four more on my shopping list. I'm buying what I like, when I like and only at a price I am comfortable with and if a bike is in my opinion overpriced I simply won't buy it. That may mean missing out but there is always another one around the corner and I don't have a need as such compelling me to buy at any price thus driving the market up for everyone else. I am not buying as an investor or speculator, so I don't give a flying if they appreciate or not. To me they are like pretty girls; it's nice to have a few of them in your life once in a while, but unlike those pretty girls, the bikes never make a sound when a new one arrives!

As an aside on values, I was offered a 998 last week at 4250€. As I already have one I turned it down (I paid 4400€ for mine), meaning some other fortunate fellow had a chance at it. If you do your homework (and can speak five languages), bargains are still there to be had!

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. And are happy with non U.K. bikes (if you live UK).

6. They are all non-Uk bikes. In my experience a collector would care more about condition, history and provenance rather than the plate stuck on the back.
    Many of these bikes will never turn a wheel on the road again in any case!
    On the pretty girl subject, I've not long finished dinner on the terrace with the current mlle C (she's gone now). She had my 998 on her left on its paddock stands and on her right a newly converted outbuilding with (temporarily) my 999S and SFS in it. I told her I wanted it to be a bit nicer for the dog to sleep in! She must be wondering why the dog will need uplighters in the floor?

7. A bargain:eyes:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Someone will buy it........ just because of the miles:upyeah:

9. If it's not 2kms 'factory new' mileage then it's second hand so 34 or 500 or 1000 or 2000 is not much difference surely? :thinkingface:

10. If you are collecting like yourself then 34 looks better than 500 plus...each to their own on this one:upyeah:

11. Nah, my zero mile bikes are zero mile - my low mileage bikes I don't mind putting a few more on :)

• Like Like x 1
  12. .....or not!

13. False :yum

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. I hope you knocked the back out of it before departing the terrace chap:):upyeah:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information