1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For Sale Ebay Bikes

Discussion in 'Ducati Bikes For Sale' started by Rob, Jun 13, 2014.

1. its not gonna go for anywhere near £60 , my guess will be £20-£22k . i will stick a bid

• Like Like x 2
  2. A couple of observations for you @yev
    My pre production hand built 999 has a 6 digit frame number - the few 'pre production' 999 bikes that were built had 11 digit numbers, this has a production 17 digit number. I think it is bike 9 of the 200 production bikes. There is no further information regarding the 'pre production' claim on the auction web site - I would ask them for more info.

Also on my prototype, as on many bikes used for testing etc the engine was bare - i.e. no engine number engraved. this bike in the picture does not look like a bare casting in the engine number area - it looks like it has been machined. Mine shows the same finish as the rest of the rough casting where the engine number should be. This or course could be that they had faced it off ready to stamp - but then not stamped.

Chassis Number ZDMH200AAWB000009
    Odometer reading 5 km
    Estimate £55,000 - £65,000

Hope that helps.

#682 Exige, May 26, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2015
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. Not true, but that's being pedantic.

It might just be me, but that photo of the crankcases with the blank engine-number looks a good bit grubbier than I would imagine.

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  4. Oops :Arghh:

5. It's been for sale for ages, he's reduced the price. Still looks bloody awful imo.

6. Oh Shit - and look at the price, reserve not met :Wideyed: .......... :Hilarious:

7. I don't know what to think about the sprocket parts under the seat. I mean - WTF?

8. Talon ..tless :)

9. I'm guessing Mike owns it now and has done for the last 6 years ....... I sold it in 2009, if I remember he rode it to the IOM that year ?

• Like Like x 1
  10. #699 Jordan, Jun 8, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information