1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For Sale Ebay Bikes

Discussion in 'Ducati Bikes For Sale' started by Rob, Jun 13, 2014.

1. Not sure yet, you could get one with half the mileage for €15000 from euroland. This thing could early burn a big pile of cash to get sorted, nobody knows why last owner was pulling it apart & sadly he ain't about to ask.

2. Or you could get mine and save the hassle of course :innocent::joy:

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. I thought the same of you.

4. What do people think about the engine number engraving?
    I think it is worth asking for a close up to study it in detail :eyes:

s-l1600.jpg Capturec.JPG

5. Honda though :worried:

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. You’ll need a much better resolution photograph than that to come to an informed conclusion. Andy

7. I was informed it was number 38,but looks a much larger number too me with this blow up:thinkingface:

8. That's what I said :) - wasn't about to shout 'dodgy engraving' but it need a closer look for sure :eyes:

9. Dodgy Engraving!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! o_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_O

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Fella handling the sale did say he worked in custom motorcycle fabrication.... all I can make out is 238*

11. This is how I remember proper engraving of the era (although this is off a 955) done by machine and much neater?

IMG_9824.JPG

12. #I have just checked my conversation from another member on here and the number is correct,but this photograph on the listing is not!

13. Quick Google shows more of your style of stamping, also thread on here in Jan 2019 along same lines....elderly owner passed away.

14. Link? :thinkingface:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  15. Read article about a bike built around Rolls Royce Merlin engine, said it did around 65mph on tickover when clutch fully released.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information