1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For Sale Ebay Bikes

Discussion in 'Ducati Bikes For Sale' started by Rob, Jun 13, 2014.

1. SPS seller dude isn't on here - I just past on the feedback :) This is the 916SPS that I mentioned back in March. Chap had ridden it for some 8 or 9 years (as it should be) and then took it into the house for a rebuild. Took it apart and then took ill. After 3 years he past away and what is left is complete (2 sets of wheels (the other front has a HUGE pot hole bend in it)) and mostly original.

As for the engine number - looks very clean to me in the pic that I took back then.

IMG_2330.JPG

• Useful Useful x 2
  2. Wow! So these 2 pictures are the same engine??? :thinkingface:

IMG_2330.JPG Capturec.JPG

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Looks like just a little more corrosion and dried up oil on the 2nd one; possibly taken at different times in its life, but the oil deposits are in the same place so I’d say yes. But then I’ve been watching too much CSI ;)

• Like Like x 1
  4. Im with you, green snots are in same place. But engine rebuild on one of these scares the bejebus out of me...

5. Why would it need an engine rebuild? I don’t remember reading that in the ad. It looks like some refurbishment work was going on and not completed, eg new front master cylinder, wheels going back to original, and a few other bits, but that’s it, or did I miss something?

6. Yes I noticed the snot - ones a little bigger and ones a little smaller :bucktooth: amazing how different the shape of the number look in the different photographs!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Not saying it dose need rebuild, but at 33k on a high reving v-twin it's a possibility you should allow for ?

8. And was it not said he had taken it off the road to strip it? :thinkingface: maybe only worth about £5k max then... otherwise too risky :eyes:

9. You maybe lucky & £1500 later you have a runner/rider, but I always go worse case senario.....anybody ever costed a rebuild on one of these ? It's a real roll of the dice.

10. True, I’d forgotten what the mileage was but if it was me I’d risk it after all it’s rare and will only increase in value (all things being equal, please see the small print, investments can go down as well as up etc etc etc)

• Like Like x 1
  11. At least it’s been used, and presumably maintained

12. Nice small print there

13. My gut feeling is they are often better if used as intended, worse experiences I've had is with low mileage vehicles. But everything wears out eventually.

14. Yep, I was going to add a whole load more caveats to that post as well eg hopefully, but I couldn’t be arsed. It’ll be interesting to see what it ends up going for anyway. Someone will take it.

15. Close to the start price, or cheaper with an offer after it ends with no bid :thinkingface:

16. Do you really think so? What price would you put on an SPS, without any ‘risks’ ?

17. Low mileage v.good condition (5 to 10k) £13,000 to £15,000 recently - even at dealers. So this with that mileage in fully serviced and in v.good condition would be about £10k IMHO :thinkingface:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  18. Anyone fancy a 748BP to fix up as a track bike? This could offer a cheap route in if you can do the work yourself.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information