1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For Sale Ebay Bikes

Discussion in 'Ducati Bikes For Sale' started by Rob, Jun 13, 2014.

1. You can? I thought it was a tad optimistic on price but I still like the bike

Already have the van, so now it's motorbike buying time :)

2. Yes, very nice one on eBay right now.

3. There is one on Ebay now when I searched :)

4. Ahhh but a stock one has that goping rear end, plus the two tone paint draws the eye to the clunky tank sides and THAT beak. The later wheels are fugly too.... ;)

5. Christ, you're brave!

• Funny Funny x 2
  6. This is a difficult question to answer. The seller clearly states a full restoration has been done without specifying what has been restored. On the negative side, the wheels are right shape but the wrong colour and the cans don't look to be Termignoni. On the plus side, the graphics look right as are the Showas forks and Ohlins rear shock. I would like to see a better picture of the front calipers which are immediately identifyable on the sps. If it is one of the 80 imported into the UK in 97 and 98, it's no surprise it hasn't reached its reserve. Andy

7. I thought the termignoni pipes on the sp and sps didn't have the sticker on them and imo if he has went to the trouble of getting the paint done and pinstriping for the rear seat he has probably done the rest of the body work aswell. Maybe Red or 1 of the 748 experts could spot a few things

• WTF WTF x 1
  8. There's a tidy sub 9k miles 748r on ebay for 8600 the seller has set up a website with some really detailed detailed info

9. Am I missing a trick?

Being quite new around here, I'm trying to grasp prices and have been studying 996's particularly the S models - so thought I had half an idea of their value.

This one seems too cheap though??

996s on eBay

Looks like an 's', is very low miileage, looks clean and original - where's the catch?

Why shouldn't I drive up there this weekend in my van and buy it - it is my birthday after all and the missus didn't say I couldn't buy it....

besides, sleeping on the sofa is fun, a bit like camping and the silent treatment makes a nice break. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  10. An 02 with a kph speedo ? The wheels look as if they are magnesium which is a plus, the wing mirrors may or may not be genuine because they are usually black and the paint looks a little pink which could just be the picture. If you are close by go see and beat them down. Andy

11. KMH Speedo will put some off. Wheels should be grey. I'd say about right price.

I'd get the frame and engine number off them and check with Ducati (although it's August so most of them will be on the beach) what it actually is.

Looks nice though.

12. Ps, those 996 side stands always bring me out in a cold sweat.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information