1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ed Miliband vs the Daily Mail

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by mattmccabebrown, Oct 1, 2013.

1. I thought that this was about Ed and the Daily Mail.Whatever the rights and wrongs of the previous leader,we are where we are and just hope that we can learn from what's happened and move on somewhat the wiser.I have to admit that might be difficult, just wish politicians would spend much more time and effort in asking what went wrong and sorting that instead of telling us what they got right.

2. If you want an exceptional bottle for Christmas, you want this:

Glenury Royal 1971 / 23 Year Old : Buy Online - The Whisky Exchange

It doesn't have the snazzy packaging, but it was a quite exceptional whisky. It won the Trophy of the best single malt in the IWSC (International Wine and Spirits Competition) in the year it was presented. It was so good, that a few extra were bottled which is why it frequently only has a tag and no box. They didn't make any extra boxes for the extra bottles. I have had a few bottles of this (didn't pay that price for it, though...). Last bottle I discovered at World of Whiskies Gatwick for about 70 quid, years after it had sold out everywhere else. They had no idea what they had. I should have bought several. Glenury Royal is now a block of flats, unless it's a supermarket car park.
    Snap it up. It's a lot better than the massively expensive Glenury Royal 50 y.o., or the 35 y.o. I've drunk them all.

• Like Like x 1
  3. £500!!! I usually guzzle a bottle in a week, for that sort of money I'd rather have a new Belstaff Trialmaster Jacket!

4. It ain't cheap.

I'm inclined to agree with you, although I'd sooner just have the £500 in my account.

You're not meant to guzzle it though, and at nearly 63%, you've got pretty much 1 1/2 bottles in one - so that's 10 days worth.

5. Bunnahabhain :upyeah:

6. you copied that off the label!

No one knows how to spell Bunnahabhain.
    And only 50% of people know how to pronounce it.

7. It's pronounced bampot.

At least, it ought to be.

8. P6160118.jpg

Unfortunately it was a Sunday and closed.

A native gaelic speaking friend of mine tried to teach me once and failed, even though I knew the bh is a v sound in gaelic, the way the syllables are accented is just so subtle.

It is a lovely malt from Islay, much more subtle than the more well known labels.

P6160118.jpg

9. Lagavulin remains the greatest statement from Islay.

10. ...and rightly so, he was a very poor representative of the working class.

11. Ive a nice old Balvenie. No you cannot have any. Its mine. 23yrs old.

12. Amber nectar of the gods.

13. Nice to see that there are two threads running in the same space. One about politics and one about whisky :tongue:

14. Arent they really the same tho...working class oik Lidl stuff v posh Eton exclusive stuff

15. As a Jock, there is no such thing as a posh whisky. There is only good whisky, great whisky and even better whisky.

16. kudos for saying, "as a jock"..i respect that..:upyeah:

please tell me that youre still living up there in scotchland and youre not one of these dewy eyed types that sings songs of the glen, from the green valleys of Basingstoke?

x
    Sasanach scum.

17. Class is a bullshit construct that obsesses the British, slapping labels on people generally as a result of their upbringing over which they had little choice.

As in everything there is good stuff and there is poor stuff.

If I were king I'd ban the word "posh". French doesn't even have a widely used equivalent because they don't spend much time thinking about it. Willing to bet it's the same in Italian and Spanish too.

18. i like the oxymoron Glidd...

Im a student of Spanish, and i cant think of a word for posh...mind you they have plenty for idiot, stupid and fool...The Lone Rangers' sidekick for starters.

¿por qué no te haces joder idiota

19. Yep,my favorite too.

20. Not sure the spice girls would have made it if you had...

Do Not Sell My Personal Information