1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Electronic anti-theft trickery

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by gliddofglood, Feb 20, 2014.

1. Was less impressed that the police in the UK must have been within metres of the stolen bike, then just left it to go 70 miles to cross the channel. I don't know the ins and outs of the reasons behind it, but surely if they had the bike within spitting distance they should have known it's moving again before it left the country??

As for using a phone for tracking, why bother with "hacking" it and I offer an alternative - If you want a cheap solution without the dedicated support from the likes of Tracker or Road Angel then this would do the job - http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listing/B003XDN58K?tag=ho01f-21 - personally I would be surprised if it would reduce your insurance any, as it's not "Thatcham" graded in any way but it's less than £30, I doubt you could get an old phone with GPS for that sort of money. Obviously I would remove the GPS Tracker sticker from the side LOL

Do Not Sell My Personal Information