1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 Enduro Enduro And Blurred Vison

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by IanC, May 1, 2018.

1. Hi Ian, I'm the same ht as you, and can confirm that the standard screen does cause a lot of buffeting at motorway speeds. My first long trip was to WDW in 2016 and since I did not have the benefit of being able to change the screen at this point I found screen at max ht and a crouch put me in 'calm air' on the autobahn.

I have since bought a Puig screen which is much better, but I've not been back to Germany for a 'full test'.

2. Cheers Chris. I am torn between the Puig tour and sport screens. I tried the tour screen and it was great up to legal speeds. I have been running without a screen and it has been fun in short blasts. Might end up with both and use the larger screen when the weather is bad, which could be any month of the year in the U.K.!
    Quick Question. Do you feel that the bars are a little high when seated. Great when standing. Don’t know if you can remove the spacers.

3. I cannot recall if I thought that they we too high, but I do remember adjusting them in the yokes so that it put more wt on the front which I felt more comfortable with - I don't really ride standing up except to stretch my legs !!

4. Has anyone tried the recently released Touratec screen?

5. Also further reply, I used to have a pikes peak which had the carbon (short screen) and a full sized clear screen - I certainly used to swap between the two depending on how far I was going.

6. Not sure if you resolved this yet but my advice would be remove the screen completely and go for a spin. Also remove the tank bag if fitted. You'll get a nice clean flow of air. If that works the carbon screen could be an option for you.

I have the carbon screen permanently fitted to my Enduro. I'm 6'5" and have found it the best combo for me. Nice clean air... with very little pressure on my shoulders, head or chest - even at high speed. With the tank bag fitted i do get buffeting around 70mph... so stopped using it. Otherwise fine.

Jeremy

7. What tank bag did uou use? - i didnt even consider it to be linked to the buffeting

8. It's the Ducati one (made by givi) that clips onto the fuel cap. I also have a satNav on my bars.. so maybe a combination of that and the bag.. but when I remove the tank bag not buffeting. Bizarre. Ive kept the handlebar bag on the bike with is sufficient for Toll both change, tickets etc.

9. I have the same tankbag. Thanks i will try

10. Where are you based IanC? Maybe someone local to you can lend you a screen to test.

11. I'm having quite good results with the small MRA screen at the upper setting and an Arai with a skip.

12. I still rate my Wunderlich deflector on a standard screen when I'm on longer trips with motorways.
    I like that you can adjust it until the worst of the buffeting is dialled out and it's easy to remove.
    I use a pikes peak screen for shorter trips.

I test rode an Enduro and a 1260 last week (straight after each other). I found it interesting how much quieter the Enduro was, especially as it's the same screen on both. Maybe it's the shape of the tank or sitting lower/higher/further back?

PS why can't they just fit the Enduro seat on the 'normal' multi, so much more comfortable.

13. One very good reason is that when you're riding into a setting sun or during winter you can avoid a lot of glare with the peak. It's also cooler in summer as typically these hats have more space around the chin bar and very effective ventilation.

I have an Arai Tour X4 that I wear on longer / holiday trips. I don't find the peak spoils the ride and on a longer trip I really appreciate it.

Helmets are very personal though and I appreciate that what is perfect for one person can be awful for another.

14. i do...been using it for 18 months on my ENDURO with the PALMER screen bracket.

Works good for me, i'm 5' 11", low seat, Schuberth helm.

Got the PALMER bracket angled back and the screen at 4 out of 5 ribs up...i think.

One thing...get the clear if you do a lot of night riding its hard to see through for lane splitting.

TT side
    [​IMG]

TT v PUIG
    [​IMG]

#34 mwhite5471, May 29, 2018
    Last edited: May 29, 2018
Do Not Sell My Personal Information